Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

Well I haven't posted in a REALLY long time, so I decided I better post some pictures. We have been busy spending time with family and friends, being sick, trying to get Michael to gain weight, going to the doctor, being out of town, and lots of other things. A couple of weeks ago Michael got a double ear infection and bronchitis, and I got bronchitis too. We were miserable to say the least, but he's finally better. We now know that he also has allergies in addition to the dairy/soy because whenever I take him outside and it's breezy he immediately gets plugged up. Where we live there are TONS of flowers and trees, so I think the pollen gets to him, actually I know it does. Poor guy! Then of course as soon as he recovered from that, he started teething. The tooth has yet to pop through, but he seems to be doing a lot better. I've had many interrupted nights the past few weeks. Also, Michael wasn't gaining weight, and was actually losing weight while he was sick, so we were worried about that again. He was only 14 pounds 5 ounces last week, but this week he is already up to 15 pounds 6 ounces, and I am soo happy. He hasn't been this heavy (if you want to call it that) ever, and he really needed to gain weight and still does. My milk supply is finally getting to where it needs to be after working at it for the past month. It also helps that he's eating solids more now too. We started him on a new formula too, but it's EXPENSIVE. It's 40 bucks a can and the can doesn't even last 5 days, and that's with me nursing the majority of the time. I can't even imagine how much money I'd spend if I wasn't nursing. Ridiculous. He still spits it up a little because it has soy in it. Seriously annoying.


Since I last posted I turned 26, had my first Mother's Day (although Michael was feeling like pooh), and this past weekend Kyle and I celebrated our 2nd Anniversary. Lots has happened over the past two years, that's for sure.


Michael just turned seven months, and here are some of his stats:

-He started sitting up and crawling on the same day when he was 6 months (he's still better at crawling then he is sitting up). He is a fast crawler; I have to keep my eye on him!
-He is eating cheerios, which is so cute
-He started to wave this week
-Had his first ear infections
-Can now pull himself up to a standing position (I have found him standing up next to the toy box and crying because he didn't know what to do)
-He LOVES strangers and smiles and laughs at everyone
-He is the happiest baby I've ever been around
-He loves to kiss mommy with his wet, open mouth


All and all, we are doing great. We are looking for a new place to live as we have to move out at the end of the summer. I love where we live, and am sad to think we will probably have to move back into town. Country life is what I love!


Here are some pics....



Hopefully it won't take me this long next time, but not guarantees, especially with summer around the corner. We will be hanging out at the pool as much as possible!

17 comments:

Carina said...

He's such a doll!

Brenda said...

That little stinker is already keeping you on your toes... Congrats on your 1st Mother's Day -
This was my 6th, This year Colton made me a card all on his own, no prompting from anyone. I have to say this was my best Mother's Day yet.

Sheryl said...

Girlfriend...i've missed you! man your poor baby! but what i've learned is that he's a stud who never gives up! enjoy the summer. keep me posted!

The Mama said...

Chels, I'm sorry to hear about Michael's allergies. It makes being a mom more difficult at times, doesn't it! We mothers just have to do the best we can. He is such a cute little guy, though, hang in there!

Street Fam said...

Glad to here your little guy is gaining some weight. We'll have to see you guys when we come up in August.

Natasha said...

I miss my little buddy. Over 15 pounds now? Awesome.

Jessica said...

Your alive. Michael is so darling and I cannot believe he is crawling. Ira is not even close. I hope he keeps gaining weight for you. What a mess tying to figure all of that out. You look as cute as ever. Being a mom suits you well.

Life is Beautiful said...

I was hoping you would be back! I'm crossing my fingers we can see each other in some of the family comings and goings this summer...will you be in ML over the 4th for the reunion?

Monica said...

Your little guy is so cute!! I feel bad that he has had such a difficult couple months!! I am glad to hear that you are on the up and up!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Michael just gets cuter everyday!!! I so honored to have my pic in you blog. You are up for the student of the century award. I'm so glad that you all look soooo happy!
Love,
Teacher Kathy

Ali said...

thanks for posting! you guys all look great! love the pictures - michael is really growing up! ali

JLea said...

You've got a cute baby Chelsea... It seems like Michael & Woodrow are a lot alike (allergies & everything... I think Michael is a little more advaced in crawling and getting into things)... it's so fun to have a baby, I'm glad we can enjoy this at the same time.

Amander said...

Chels,
This is Amanda from London. Your baby is so adorable! I am glad that things seem to be getting better with his weight. Love all the pictures!

jenniferhoiyin said...

How adorable! It's so fun hearing about the progress he's making, go lil' chief!

miss you guys!

Caroline said...

poor little guy... i have allergies right now too and it stinks. your post is so cute. i miss you, Chelsea!

Melanie said...

I hope Michael keeps gaining weight. He is such a cutie! You look awesome too by the way.

Ty & Dre said...

Nice to see you blogging again. You look great.