Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Perspective

I've written a few posts about the depressing state of being unemployed, but I decided that wouldn't be fun for anyone to read and it wouldn't make me feel any better. So, instead, I'll talk about the positive side to unemployment.
  • Last week we were able to go to Vancouver for four days and visit Kyle's family. It was beautiful weather, and we didn't have to take any "time off" to go there. We just picked up one day and decided to go.
  • Today for lunch we went and had free pancakes at IHOP (besides a donation to the Children's Network), then we all went to Wal-Mart in the middle of day, and at 4 we went and watched our cousin and some boys in our ward at their wrestling match.
  • I get to go visiting teaching this week and have a Young Women's presidency meeting without taking Michael with me....in the middle of the day.
  • I get to say, "I changed the last poopy diaper, it's your turn."
  • Michael gets to play with his dad during the day, and not just at night when it's bedtime.

Don't worry, it's not as glamorous as it sounds, I'm just trying to look at the bright side. Things are starting to pick up a little bit though, and he has a couple of job interviews on the horizon.....I can't tell you how happy that makes us. Kyle is a handyman and has been able to do a couple of side jobs to keep himself busy and out of the house. (let's be honest, we both need a break!)

I'm going to try and post some photos tomorrow of what we've been up to....until then, enjoy this one. It's my new favorite. I love the look on Michael's face.

11 comments:

blindblogger said...

He's cute. I'm glad he'll have a brother to play with. YOu look awesome.

Anonymous said...

Tell Kyle, thanks for the great job at Jayne's. She was sooo pleased with his expertise!!!
Teacher Kathy

Shells said...

Thanks for your perspective. Too often I get depressed and fearful about what is happening to our great country. I enjoyed a better perspective from someone that is truly affected by it. Yah for interviews and I hope they work out.

Amander said...

I think it's nice you can think of a different perspective for a moment - it's definitely hard to do in that situation!

Caroline said...

way to be positive, chels. you'll probably look back someday and be really glad for the time you had together even though it's really hard right now. I hope the interviews go well!

tharker said...

You're right, the look on Micheal's face in that picture is priceless!

Your perspective is a great example, Chelsea! Thanks!!

Good luck to Kyle on his upcoming interviews!!

Sheryl said...

thanks for the post! i needed that. my mom just lost her job. eeek.

The Mama said...

What a great attitude Chels, I love it!!

Brook said...

Michael is so full of personality. I love it!! Thanks for finding my blog, I don't know how to look for people's blogs so I was going to ask how to find yours! Now I don't have to.

Kelli said...

Hi, It's Kelli (kyle's old friend) again. The offer for info on the university of Phoenix is still on the table. My Hubby works there, it's been really good for us and they are hiring all the time, if you are interested, just leave a comment on my blog. Hope He gets something soon.

Lovely Lindsay said...

i hear ya. the positives are good -like andrey waking up in the morning to do breakfast with luc while i catch up on sleep. and my dishes get done every day. but honestly if things don't pick up around here soon the two of us are going to drive each other nuts!
+++
thank you for sharing your sweet testimony on sunday. i loved it. love, lindsay