Albertson's was having a sale on Post Cereal last week, so we bought 6 boxes of Shredded Wheat-Frosted cereal. I ate a bowl, and noticed a nasty, bitter, foul taste with about 5 of my bites. I told Kyle about it, and when he ate a bowl, he noticed the same thing. He investigated the remaining cereal by examining each piece, and noticed a green hue in the "seam" of the cereal. He split it open and this is what we found. Disgusting. I've contacted Post, told them I'm pregnant, and they are sending me a packet to fill out and they want to investigate the above cereal in their labs. I decided to see if it was just a fluke, but after opening another box, I found the same thing. I've had a certain side effect since eating this cereal which I won't share.
*This picture doesn't even do it justice...it looks more disgusting in real life.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Disgusting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
22 comments:
Wow, that's pretty horrific. You'll have to let us know how this unfolds. I'm off to check my cereal.
that's putrid...you might have a lawsuit on your hands my friend. you should tell your doctor about it.
p.s. you should call albertsons too, they should definitely refund your money and give you some sort of compensation as well.
Yeah, I want some compensation for this. I'm already thinking of the things on my wishlist I could get.
Reinig, Barber & Henry are awaiting your phone call. 735-0535
That is so disgusting.
That is absolutlety disgusting!! Please do tell us how all of this pans out!
That is so nasty!
I've got a few boxes of Frosted Mini Wheats from Albertson's sitting in my food storage....I'm definitely checking them before I eat them!
you'll probably get some free stuff out of it. something similar happened to me with coke when i was in like 7th grade. it took me a while to drink coke from a can after that.
SICK! Get a doctor's appointment for your symptoms ASAP, so you can have a paper trail! Man looking at that gives me the shivers! Thanks for sharing though. Our food is only as safe as the tests they run on it.
That is gross. Let me know if you get really sick.
That is so disturbing and I am not even pregnant! Gag!
Holy cow that is disgusting! I really hope you get feeling better soon and that you get compensated big time!
yuck yuck yuck! I wonder how many boxes were affected and how many people ate it and didnt see a difference!
How have you been liking my kids peeking over our fence at you :)
When Gabe sees Micheal, he says "mom! theres my friend!" We need to put a door in our gate so you guys can stop by!
No wonder Albertsons had it on sale. I was about to head over to pick up a load of that stuff. Now I'm glad I didn't. Crazy!
Oh yuck! You poor thing! You will have to let us know what happens with their investigation.
Oh, and I would definitely let Albertson's know. They need to pull those off their shelves. Gross.
what was the date on the box?
The expiration date isn't until sometime in 2010.
Wow!!! That is sick!!!
Gagging. Oh my gosh I can't even believe you ate that. I USED to like mini-wheats.
Okay, I need to clarify, this isn't Frosted Mini-Wheats, this is Post Shreaded Wheat-Frosted. It comes in a blue box.
Hey Chelsea!! That is crazy! I have bought sales like that before and I learned it is almost always expired food! So gross! You are so sweet for having your dad help us! He is so nice and I talked to the real estate agent today. Thank you so much! He sounds great! We miss you!
Post a Comment