My patience has officially been tested. By the time this week ends we'll have been to 9 different doctor appointments in ten days. As soon as we walk into a doctors office Michael starts crying and running for the door. We FINALLY were able to get Michael's ear infections to go away, but that was after three rounds of antibiotics in three weeks. Antibiotics=Bad diarrhea (I won't even go there). The doctor had to resort to doing rocephin shots in his legs, which are very, very painful and are done over a three day period. As the nurses and I were holding him down for the shots, he started to bite my arm...hard. The nurse said to me, do you think he'll try to bite me? I said yes, but I'll make sure he doesn't! Then he had so much wax blocking the docs view to his ears that they had to do a water bath in his ears. Well it took three of us to hold him down, and he still won. We had an appointment yesterday with the ENT, and he was able to remove it (still took three of us), without doing the water bath, but still not much better. The weird thing is, he never has wax in his ears that I can see. Tubes will be put in this Friday...hallelujah!
Today things are back to normal. He slept through the night, already took his morning nap, has been in time out twice, and is making a mess of the house. I'm trying to get used to him staring at the wall, and his eyes going crossed. The beginning of June can't come fast enough for his glasses to get here. When we first found out, I cried that he had to get glasses, but now I can't wait for them to finally arrive! I thought about posting a picture of him when his eyes crossed, but I can't bring myself to do it yet.
10 comments:
Oh Chelsea!! You are such a good mommy! Talk to Haley, Athen just had tubes put in his years, too. Your little guy is adorable, I am sure the nurses and docs can't stay mad at him for long cuz he will just charm them to death!
poor guy. i remember taking max to doctor after doctor, trying to hold him down through blood tests, shots, etc. it's horrible. i've heard that kids with allergies get a lot of earwax. i hope he feels better soon.
Chelsea, I am so sorry. How stressful! Talk about everything happening all at once. Isn't it amazing how strong kids that age can be? I am thinking about you.
Holy weeks of craziness! I'm so sorry that you've had to go through all of this at once. But I guess there is a good side, at least you can get all of this sorted out and get your little man taken care of before baby comes!
Jake had to have the water bath thing done once when he was little...not fun!
I hope he's feeling better soon!
Oh Chels, what a rough few weeks you've had!:( So sorry. Michael's going to look so cute in his glasses though. love the picture of the 2 of you. you're beautiful.
You have one cute little boy. I feel for you with the Dr. appointments. That is very stressful for all involved.
Poor guy! Sorry about all the doctor visits... the good thing is he won't remember them... hope you both get feeling better soon!
So this morning I read in 3 Ne 23 about the Lord's refiner's fire, and I don't know of anyone who is going through "that" quite like you and your little family. You are amazing at always keeping a smile on your face and laughing about it. I think you are enduring it very well!
God Bless you and your family!! You have been through so much!!! I hope things get better for your little guy!! I can sympathize with you on the whole mess making, boy tearing up the house faster than you can put it together!!! I have heard they will grow out of it!! Hang in there!! You are a doll and look so great in the picture!!
...and still handsome as ever. love that.
love, lindsay
Post a Comment