Monday, September 14, 2009

Sickies

My babies are sick, like really sick. You know, the kind of sick where they take turns waking up in the middle of the night with a fever, cough, gooped over eyes. There wasn't much sleep to be had around here last night. Michael's asthma is not giving him a break (he's had a cough and been wheezing for 3.5 weeks now and the nebulizer is NOT working). The cough turned into full blown nastiness this past week (fever, runny noes, goopy eyes, hacking, canker sores all over his tongue and gums, and drainage in his ears). On Friday we took him over to Seattle for his eye doctor appointment, and the drive home was terrible because we couldn't brake his fever. It didn't help that it took almost six hours to get home thanks to a traffic accident in the middle of nowhere. We finally broke his fever when we got home at midnight. Poor Michael can't catch a brake when it comes to being sick. We were so happy a few weeks ago because he was finally eating better and gaining weight. Now he's losing weight again thanks to the canker sores and lack of appetite. Preston seemed to have some baby gas last night, and was really unsettled. My fears that he was getting sick were confirmed when he woke at 1 am with a high fever. Let's hope at the boys 4:40 doctor's appointment, we can get some relief.
Today while the boys get caught up on their zzzz's, I'm going to try and get caught up on some posting. We'll see if it happens.

8 comments:

[M] said...

Yikes, did you get them tested for H1N1? I'm so paranoid about my kids getting it. Hope you get some sleep soon...

Chelsea said...

I hadn't even thought of H1N1, but now I just looked up the symptoms, and Michael seems to have them all....I'll make sure to bring that up to the doctor today.

Ali said...

wow, this is horrible. your drive home must have been a complete nightmare! so sorry for you guys!! Drew had a friend with H1N1 and said his symptoms were upper respiratory, nose, cough, etc. not the typical flu symptoms you would think of. I'd have them checked for sure...good luck.

Brook said...

That sounds awful!! Does Michael get cankers in his mouth often? When Eliza did it was a viral infection, it was so bad her mouth was always bleeding. We gave her miralax and benadril (perscribed by a family Dr.) I am glad you got a Dr. appointment because that all sounds a bit serious! Let us know if we can do anything!!

Unknown said...

My heart goes out to you and the boys! You're a trooper! Just hearing of your lack of sleep makes me want to take a nap! Hope all went well at the doctors.

tharker said...

Poor little guys. How did everything go this afternoon?

N M said...

Hey Chelsea, hope the boys get better soon, Swine flu (aka H1N1) is shocking, it hit here a while ago, soo bad it's crept into the states, bugger bugger. Let us know how it goes.

Arohanui xoxo

Andre said...

I wish I could help but Colby has had a fever, too. Not fun. Hope they get better soon.