Michael's 3rd birthday is coming up, and I need some ideas. What are some of the timeless gifts that your children love? We would like to get him something that is educational or at least hands on. Michael is a BUSY boy and so I would like something to help him focus. I am also in need of some age appropriate book suggestions. Help!
This was taken at the fair in August. Michael LOVES animals and anything to do with farms. Forgive his crooked glasses (this was his backup pair). Actually today he's supposed to get his bifocals. Not really looking forward to that.
Yesterday was Michael's first day with NO accidents. We are finally getting in the groove of potty training.
6 comments:
Sounds like it's the perfect time for some of those blocks that all hook together or building type things. He'll probably like building cool things and knocking them down....hopefully Preston wouldn't want to eat them.
Puzzles. When Michelle's (spencer's sister) little boy (coincidentally, his name is also Michael) was Michael's age, she gave him a United States puzzle. I think the pieces are large. He loved it and learned all of the states very quickly.
We love puzzles and blocks too! My kids also love the plastic animals and dinosaurs that you can buy at walmart or target for really inexpensive. Like the tiger Porter brought the other day... they play with those all day together. I need some potty training tips from you!
My favorite store when I taught kindergarten is Lakeshorelearning.com. They are kind of pricey but they could give you TONS of ideas of FUN educational toys, and then you could try to buy something cheaper on amazon, at walmart, or something.
I agree with Tiff about puzzles.
But Nolans favorite thing that he still goes back to time and time again is look and find books. Those books can keep him busy for ever.
Have a look on ebay at this, http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-Mere-McKaskills-Boil-Up-Tracy-Duncan-/130388176374?pt=AU_Books_Childrens_New&hash=item1e5bbdadf6#ht_1575wt_1139
Post a Comment