(Preston before his dad cut his locks off--it was needed!)
My boys have had non-stop ear infections the past couple of months. I'm sick of going to the doctor and giving them antibiotics everyday. Found out today at the ENT that Michael's ear drum ruptured and is still rupturing and that's why his ear has been draining blood and puss for the past month. Preston's has been draining too, just not blood. Both boys will have tubes put in next week and their adnoids taken out. Yippeee!! This will be Michael's second set of tubes, and hopefully he will outgrow ear infections before he needs them again. The doctor said both boys have a 30 percent hearing loss in both ears because of the amount of fluid in their ears, so hopefully they'll be able to hear better too, not that they've been complaining. The funny thing is Michael is so used to his ears hurting that he doesn't even complain. He did have a rough night last night though, and this morning when he woke up he told me, "Mom, I don't want the bubbles to pop in my ears anymore." Maybe we will all get a little bit more sleep around here because quite frankly, I need it!
Today I took the boys to the ENT for both of their appointments (Preston had another doctor appt, yesterday too), Costco, the surgery center for their pre-op appointment, and then the eye doctor to get Michael's glasses fixed....all before 12:30! They were so good for me, so that made it a lot easier. Thank goodness it's nap time because now I need to clean the house, fix dinner for the missionaries, and then Kyle and I both have a meeting tonight.
At Costco the boys were being so good....I didn't know what to do with myself. They were enjoying how their voices sounded when they yelled/sang in the wide open spaces of Costco, so they were hollering and singing the entire time we were in there, but it was actually really funny, and everyone was loving it. I could not believe how much noise those two could make. I would try to get them to be quiet, but they weren't having it. People kept telling me I was lucky to have such happy boys. I agree, especially two boys with ear problems.
6 comments:
Oh, that last picture just did me in. There is just something so yummy about little ones fresh out of a bath and wrapped up in a cozy towel. I do have to say, I love Preston's expression as Michael is giving him a kiss. "Here we go again..." They are so cute!
I hope that their surgeries take care of their ear problems. Michael's comment about the bubbles in his ears is so heartbreaking.
Here's to much more sleep in your home!
Preston is slowly catching up to Michael's size, no?
Ben had his adenoids out. It wasn't too bad. He threw up once from the anesthetic. I think having them out have helped with his drainage and runny noses. We should start an ear tube club or something. Everytime Ben gets new tubes, the ENT tells me about how much fluid he had in his ears. Poor kids!!!
So sorry about the ear infections. Poor little guys:( Have you been giving them dairy? Milk allergies (even very low level ones) have been linked to chronic ear infections. Do some googling.
http://www.centerforfoodallergies.com/ear_infections.htm
oops, there should be a "tm" after the last "h" on that website...
Tell Michael that I understand about the sound of bubbles in his ears.
Post a Comment