Michael says so many hilarious things. Here are a couple...
Yesterday Kyle was on the phone upstairs and I was downstairs. Michael came into the kitchen and I asked who his dad was talking to, and he said, "he's talking to his dudes."
For the past year of Michael's life, he pretty much refuses to wear anything at home unless it's basketball shorts and a white t-shirt. It is quite the uphill battle, so I've just given in. Last night I was giving Michael his pajama options, and I said, do you want to be a tiger, a striped man, a dinosaur, etc. He grabbed his white t-shirt and basketball shorts and said, "No, I wanna be a Daddy!" He is always telling me, he wants to wear his daddy clothes.
Whenever I ask Michael to do something his response is always, a very polite, "no thanks." Michael will you put your clothes away? "No thanks." Michael, eat your dinner, "No thanks." Michael, say the prayer, "no thanks." Not quite the polite response we're going for!
His favorite thing to say, and my least favorite thing for him to say is, "I'm in charge." He says it ALL the time to me when I tell him no about something, and especially when he wants his way. He even tells Preston, "Preppy, I'm in charge, now go to time-out." Sure, Michael. Below is a picture of Preston in timeout, as you can tell by the look on his face, he's really remorseful, ha...he will actually sit there without crying. Opposite of his brother.
Preston is starting to be a little stinker himself. He still pretty much refuses to talk, but of course he understands everything and knows how to communicate without opening his mouth. He got hurt while the missionaries were at our house the other night, and I was busy cooking, so one of the missionaries was consoling him and Preston was laying his head on his shoulder. Pretty soon Preston perked up and was now wrestling with him, and then next thing we know, the missionary is yelping because Preston bit his shoulder. Whoops. I think he forgave him pretty fast because Preston did the saddest pouty lip when I disciplined him. He said he hasn't been bit by a dog on his mission, but now he can say he's been bit by a baby.
A couple of days ago I was watching a friends children and she came to pick them up. We were chatting by the front door for a couple of minutes. After she left, I went upstairs to find Preston's head covered in Vaseline. I thought, wow, what a mess, let's get him in the tub and shampoo his hair. Not so easy. Shampoo and soap did not cut it. I think it made it worst. I googled how to get it out, and I found baby oil and eggs. Baby oil didn't work for the amount he had in there, so I cracked two eggs and rubbed them into his hair. Worked like a champ. Michael and his cousin Blake were trying to figure out why I was cracking eggs on Preston's head! Preston had a great mohawk for two days thanks to the oil.
This afternoon for lunch Michael dropped his fork, and next thing I know, he's eating with his play scissors. It was pretty funny. Does that make him ingenious?
5 comments:
loved this post! these things are all priceless! and yes, using the play scissors in place of a fork? ingenious! we just started dong the naughty chair for paige and she thinks it's hilarious when we put her there. so annoying but we have to smile.
Those are so funny, and I got to hear all of his funny sayings first hand tonight! I am very happy Michael likes me now. Let's hope he remembers that the next time I see him.
I love hearing this stuff. Micheal is too much. "No thank you" and wearing his "Daddy clothes" are my favorites.
You are a lucky momma to have such sweeties! I know you know that, but just wanted you to know I agree.
I love the pic of the boys snuggled on the couch together! How do you get them to stay still? Colby is not much of a snuggler anymore.
Preston is in my nursery class now and I'm so excited!! He was so fun yesterday.
When you first mentioned that Michael only wants to wear basketball shorts and a t-shirt, I immediately thought of Kyle. I remember you saying that was Kyle's "uniform" when he gets home from work. Like father, like son ;) I think it's adorable!
Love Michael's polite refusals. That boy is hilarious, Chelsea!
I'm so glad you got the Vaseline out. When I saw that you had posted on FB asking for help getting it out, I almost sent you to talk to Brooke. Her daughter Claire has put just about everything imaginable in her hair ;)
Love the scissor utensils! Smart boy.
Post a Comment