Yesterday was a significant day for our family. Of course it was Easter, but it was also Kyle's dad's birthday, and 6 Easter's ago in March he passed away. We are grateful for eternal families and the promise that Easter brings to each of us that we have a living Savior. Even though Michael is named after him, I believe it's Preston who actually looks like his Grampy. You can't mistake those dark Maori eyes!
We went to my parents house for dinner and and egg hunt. The kids were doing great for the picture, but we realized we were missing one grandkid, and by the time we got him in the picture this is what happened. How do people actually take grandkid pictures? 

I asked Michael to help me change Preppy's messy diaper, and this is the solution he came up with for holding his hands. Preston didn't seem to mind too much, and it actually worked. Michael said a few funny things this weekend. Here are my favorites:
Yesterday as my sister Natasha was leaving she said goodbye to our Grandma Lybbert. Michael told her, "she's not your grandma, she's my grandma!" Natasha told him she was both of their grandma, but Michael wasn't having it. She gave up explaining and started walking away. Michael yelled to her as he sat by his Great Grandma Lybbert, "You're just jealous!"
In between spraying the fence and yard work on Saturday, Kyle took Michael four-wheeling. Our neighbor Bobby came over as they were packing up and told Michael, "You are lucky to have such a good dad." Michael without skipping a beat said, "And my dad has a good woman!"
4 comments:
I didn't realize that yesterday was the anniversary of Kyle's dad's passing. I'm sure it's a bittersweet day for all of you.
I know exactly what you mean about getting all the kids in the shot ;)
Um, Michael's way of helping during the diaper change is nothing short of genius! I love it!!
Oh, and I would pay good money for a book full of Michael sayings! That kid cracks me up!
I need Michael to help me change Jett's diaper! He will not sit still and it is definitely a two man job. Your boys are so handsome!
lol. love it. sounds like michael is full of one-liners. i love the expression on his face as he's standing on preston's arms. priceless.
Hi Chels,
Its great to hear from you! Your family looks awesome!
Send me your phone number at travisclybbert@hotmail.com.
Post a Comment