Thursday, January 12, 2012

I have a GOAL

A couple of years ago when I decided to train for a triathlon, I knew I could do it, but wasn't sure how.  I still had a baby I was nursing, and didn't have the motivation or time to do much exercising, but I did it, and I finished that race even though I almost died (okay not really, but try jumping into the Columbia on July 2 and swimming half a mile).

Fast forward one year, and I decided to run during my pregnancy, while hugely pregnant with Brooks.  Once again, very hard to do, but I did it and I felt great.    

Now here I am, postpartum, not exercising, not eating right, and not enjoying my current weight situation at all.  I don't fit well into any of my clothes, and that's just annoying. The holidays came right after I had Brooks, and I haven't stopped eating treats since.  I feel gross.  When Kyle told me his work was doing a biggest loser competition and spouses were invited to participate I said SIGN US UP!  We have  12 weeks to shed some major poundage.  Of course for me this can't come at a better time, but also a terrible time.  I am nursing, and I always hold onto my weight while nursing.  I'm also getting up twice a night with a newborn, and have no motivation to wake up at 6 to do a workout video, but I HAVE to.  There is no way I'm going running in the freezing cold and dark weather, so I've got to make this work until it's lighter outside.  We are changing the way we eat around here (hold the butter, half and half, and sugar please).  We are 3 days in, and so far we are happy about our new food choices.  Once again, not easy, but worth it.    

I can do this, right?  My goal is to lose 27 pounds.  In 12 weeks. I have a newborn. I'm not sleeping enough at night.  I hate workout videos. I'm nursing.  It's wintertime.  NO MORE EXCUSES. I can do this!!!!!  I may not lose those 27 pounds in 12 weeks, but I won't stop until I do.

Did I just tell the people of the Internet that I want to lose 27 pounds?  Eeeek.

8 comments:

::lindsay said...

I'm reading this and thinking, "Does Chelsea really have that much to lose?" You always look gorgeous to me and it doesn't look like you need to lose weight at all!

Anyways, it's always good to have fitness goals. Good luck with yours! I'm sure it'll be great!

My goal this year is to do a half-marathon. I'm not a runner AT ALL, but it's nice to have a goal to work toward.

Again, good luck! I'm sure you'll be able to do it!

Erin said...

we're doing the biggest loser too! It's such a great motivator...something about stepping on a scale in front of a group of people and having to pay if you don't lose! Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great.

Ali said...

soo been there! funny cause last year - starting Jan 1st - the Hillstead family began a biggest loser for 6 MONTHS. I was 2 days postpartum. I told Blake to not even MENTION the contest to me until February 1st and that's what he did. I hit it hard February 1st and slowly but surely the weight started coming off. Anne was 6 week post baby on Jan 1st so she was majorly motivated too. In the end, she and I came in first and second place (surprise, surprise). She won $300 from the pot and I won $150 - enough to help our wardrobes!:) It helped a ton to know others were working at losing weight too and that there was $ involved. Good luck to you!

NaDell said...

I wish you all the luck, but agree with lindsay about you not having that much to lose! You carry it well. =)
Good luck staying motivated!

[M] said...

Try going 30 days strict with no wheat/gluten. I swear it's the fastest way to lose weight and you don't even have to exercise. I think I lost 5 pounds the first week I did that, and all of my baby weight dripped right off without exercising. Don't worry about butter. I eat tons of fat (huge banana splits) and never gain any weight because I don't eat gluten. I'm serious, low carb diets work. Good luck!

tharker said...

Your are awesome Chelsea! I remember when you were pregnant with Brooks and we saw you and Amelia out running one morning. I was super embarrassed that you, 6+ months pregnant were passing us at a very healthy pace. I had no excuse except that I was horribly out of shape and couldn't run a mile. (eh..still can't ;) Yet, you were out there doing it and I have to say after I got over my initial embarrassment, I was totally in awe of you.

You can totally do this!!

P.S.
And I agree with Lindsay, you always look beautiful.

AmbertheGreat said...

Amen! You are an inspiration, my baby is almost 10 months and I am just getting back into the exercise and eating healthy. I hope the best. It is so hard to exercise with little kids..you have my vote of confidence!!

kimberly said...

WOW that is a HUGE GOAL! I love it!! You go girl! I bet you can make it!!! I just lost 15 pounds for Stephs wedding in two months. I basically just starved myself :) I wish I was lying... haha. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!