No, we haven't fallen off the face of the earth, but the last few weeks have been a whirlwhind. I feel like me and the little guy have been at the doctor's office or hospital almost every day. We've been trying to get control (not sure if that's possible) of his GERD, and it's consuming all our time and energy. A few weeks ago we went to see the in-law's and came home with the flu and cold bug. Had to take Lil' Chief to the hospital with a high fever that wouldn't break and found out he was still losing weight, so we've been monitoring that, and it just kept dropping. His pediatrican scheduled us to go over to Children's and instead of an appointment, they wanted to admit him to the hospital. So, we just returned from a couple of days over there and can now count our many blessings that we have such a healthy baby compared to all the other kids over there. I now have to take dairy and soy completely out of my diet....oh joy. They think he has GERD, accompanied by a dairy and possibly soy allergy. At this age there is no real accurate test except to have the nursing mom go off of it. The only problem is, I LOVE dairy. I'll look at the positive side and hope that it helps me shed my post baby weight.
My apologies to all those who have called or emailed and I haven't gotten back to you....we've been busy. We came back home to find our house is UNDER CONSTRUCTION. The people we are renting from decided to remodel the downstairs. It's going to look amazing when they are all done, but in the meantine me and the baby are confined to the back room while the crews are in the front of the house.
I know this post is lame, but my creative juices have been zapped for now. Here are some pics of the past few weeks.
11 comments:
Poor Little Chief! I hope the little guy is okay. Sounds like a crazy past couple of weeks. Good luck with the no dairy no soy. That is tricky.
Thanks for this post. Sometimes blogging can be so stressful, b/c we feel like it always has to be so creative, but I love it because I can just know what's going on with you. You are such a great mom.
p.s. I'm going to have to watch out on the dairy myself, I've been feeling so sick lately everytime i have it, boo :(
Wow, sounds like you guys have been busy. I'm sorry to hear the GERD is so bad. I've learned a lot about it in my pediatric classes and sounds like no fun at all! And I'm sorry to hear no dairy and soy. That's gotta be hard, but you do what you gotta do for your kiddos! :)
Thats soo no good! Thanks for the update, glad to hear everything is getting better now, nothing worse than a health scare with your baby. Poor chick. How you coping?
P.s...you are looking bloody fantastic...my youngest is 5years old and I still haven't managed to shift that baby weight, you on the other hand are looking great!
Arohanui Wellington Mahuikas xox
Just thinkin' about you and your little guy. I imagine you are stressed out. If I know anything about you it is that you can handle any situation that comes your way.
Good luck with the new diet! That is not easy. With Sterling they had me cut out all dairy and chocolate! I never realized how much cheese I ate until then. Hope your little guy gets feeling better and hopefully he will grow out of it.
Chelsea,
I cannot believe he has had to go through all of that. He looked so cute in his little hospital gown. Oh I hope he is not allergic to milk. Jon is and it is a huge pain. Good luck figuring it all out. You look darling and so does the baby. Take care.
Rice milk really isn't that bad. I eat it in my cereal everyday. Watch out for hidden dairy in packaged foods (whey, casein,lactose, etc..), I'm sure they told you that. Good luck on the soy, it is in EVERYTHING. I'm so sorry you have to deal with possible food allergies. I feel your pain. If it is any consolation, Max gained 2 pounds in one month when we took wheat and dairy out of his diet. He had lost over 3 pounds in the previous months. Good luck!
He is such a doll. Tiffany's Ava was on Zantac too, ugh. The good thing is that she outgrew the rigmarole.
It's so stressful to be a MOM!!! I'm sorry you had to go through all that... I can imagine how hard it's been -- I've been dealing w/ the baby's rash and allergies for 2 weeks , and it's driving me crazy... just because I worry so much... I'm sure you do the same! Good luck w/ the GERD. talk to you soon... Jorja
I'm sorry about Michael, I hope that he's ok. Good luck with cutting out dairy and soy, hopefully with the warmer weather you can get lots of yummy fruits and veggies to take your mind off of it! Btw our blog address is www.aaronandhauni.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. Take care!
Post a Comment