Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Random

I've started a few different posts over the past few weeks, but by the time I get around to posting them, all the information is outdated and I don't feel like updating. Pretty much our life has revolved around weight gain, or the lack thereof. To make a really long story short, the lil' guy is still not gaining weight and still puking all the time. Fun times.

I warned the hubby before church that we would be taking Easter pictures, so he needed to stay in his suit after church. Well, those plans quickly changed before we even got home from church. Lil' guy decided it would be fun to puke all over dad's nice spring suit. He soaked him twice at church, and when I say soaked, I mean puke from head to toe. Then we got home and I thought we'd take one without the puke soaked suit coat, well just when I was getting the camera ready, the baby threw up all over his white shirt and tie. Pretty much everything that he wore to church yesterday is now going to the dry cleaner.
*

I pulled out my spring/summer clothes, which makes me happy. Why? Because I have a terrible winter wardrobe. My summer wardrobe is much, much better. I stocked up on clothes before we got married. I was living the single life, and working full time, so I could, and boy am I glad that I did. H&M, TJ Maxx, and Anthropologie were good to me. I miss our relationship dearly.


Yesterday was a momentous and sad day for me. Momentous because I didn't eat one piece of chocolate candy this Easter and sad because I didn't eat one piece of chocolate, or the homemade rolls at my Aunt's house, or the carrots that had butter on them. Dang, this diet stinks. I've lost some weight though, so I'll look at the positive. It will have been three weeks tomorrow, and I can't wait to say bye bye to the no dairy, no soy thing. If you're wondering, I haven't seen one bit of difference.

This is my niece. She is the funniest person I've ever met. I love this girl, and I'd love for her to come hang out with me this summer for a week. We'll see if I can talk her mom into it.

The construction is finally almost over, and I couldn't be happier to have my house back. It looks really nice too, and we didn't have to pay for any of it. Ahhhh, the joys of renting from a doctor.
I'm really contemplating throwing out the nicknames I've been using to hide my families identity. It's really annoying to have to come up with a nickname each time. What do you think? Has anyone ever had a real problem with this? I don't ever say where we live, etc, and I'm pretty sure nobody would want to drive clear out where we live to find us anyways.

15 comments:

Stacia said...

Hi! I just talked to you on the phone. And so I put in my planner our appointments and saw you updated your blog on iGoogle. I can't say I can imagine what you are going through with your little man (name left out) and all I can say is just keep loving him and eventually the doctors will figure something out. My brother was adopted from Romania and although he was a chubby baby, he had failure to thrive from lack of attention. Not to diminish little Chief's need for food, but love and talking to him will also do wonders for his development and growth this first year. And I know you do those things, so just keep 'em up!

Glad I have been paired up with you, you are an amazing mom and woman! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Wow! The pics are great! Love that new outfit!!Good luck tomorrow at the doctor. I'll be thinking about you!
love,
kathy

[M] said...

Have they actually tested him for allergies? I know it takes a while for dairy to get out of your system. They think Ian has Reflux or an allergy, we had to go to the hospital for an ultrasound of his pylorus a couple days ago. He pukes all day too. Good luck. Have you tried giving him solids yet?

Chelsea said...

M-A, first off I feel your pain (good luck!). They've tested him for allergies, but they said they are inconclusive at this age, so that's why I'm going off of the dairy/soy to see if it helps since the tests don't show anything yet. It's been three weeks and nothing so far, but I'm going to try it one more week.

We had an ultra sound, Upper GI, and the barium swallow, and all came back normal. They thought he might have pyloric stynosis (sp), but that also came back negative.

He loves baby food and rice cereal, but he also spits those all up. I think it's just something he's going to have to grow out of.

Brenda said...

My sister had this problem and had to be put on nutramagin sp? She couldn't keep breastmilk down or goat's, soy - nothing. She was rapidly losing weight. There was never an actual diagnosis...and she grew out of it eventually... I'm sorry this is such a trial for you. Keep loving him and buy some chocolate and ice cream for next week!

brentandkashann said...

At least you didn't make a chocolate pig out of yourself like I did all weekend! I need a Dr. to forbid something in my diet.
That happens to us all the time (including this year) with Easter pictures. The kids change or baby spits up before we take any.
I hope things improve with the little chief.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if this will help but I will give my two cents worth :)

My mother said I puked non-stop until I was a year old...they did all the tests and came back with nothing, I was just a puker which wasn't fun.

Jared puked every time he at until he was about 6 or 7 months old...I thought I was going to cry because I was so frustrated. I did the no dairy thing and it didn't help. Finally I just bought big dish towels and carried them around everywhere. He was gaining weight though so that is a big difference.

My sisters kids...Well, she has a daughter that is almost 6 and she weighs maybe 25 lbs, all her girls weigh next to nothing, but they are healthy so the doctors aren't worried.

This probably doesn't help much but don't stress to much - when I learned to relax I felt so much better and I enjoyed being around Jared so much more :)

You are a great mom and have the cutest kid - have fun with him, it goes by way to fast!

Amber

Anonymous said...

Hey! Im so excited to find out you have a blog. So far Bryce has been in charge of ours but I want to get into it more when I have more time(maybe after the baby is born?) Sorry to hear about your little guy, I hope things get better soon, but he is so cute. Ive looked at your past posts and your video is so fun. I will have to learn how to do all this!
Sharee

kimberly said...

Wow you guys really have your hands full with this puker of yours! Just be greatful that he is your first and not like number 2 or 3! I love the blog and I am sooo impressed that you are continuing to nurse. Wow. That is awesome. You are such a great mom. At least you must have a lot of milk if he is throwing up so much. Good luck!! We love ya!

Jessica said...

I love the one of him swinging in the swing It looked like Ira swinging sideways. How is he doing? Is he gaining any more weight? You looks so cute. Motherhood is treating you well.

Hauni said...

He is so cute! I can't believe how much he is changing already. I love the picture of you holding him. Good luck with your diet. It's so hard to do but I think you look great!

Sheryl said...

Yeah there are crazies in the world but you dont have to hide your name.
Thanks for the update. I love the blog for that reason.
I feel sad for Michael though. He can't keep anything down. That must be so painful for him. Poor baby.
But you look great. LOve you lots!

Carina said...

You know that I do the nickname thing. However, if you don't want to, I wouldn't worry about it. I kind of got into the habit of it early, and if you would rather do real names, I say go for it.

Sheryl said...

I've already read this post, but i wanted to come back and see pics of you and michael. I miss you chels.

Sheryl said...

i'm not sure why they wont get bigger. I tried to do it again so that maybe it would work. Nope! We miss you too chels!