Thursday, June 19, 2008

8 Months


Holy Smokes, I can't believe Michael is already 8 months old today. Before I know it, he'll be 8 years old. Michael is so much fun; I can hardly stand it. He is an extremely happy baby, and is always laughing. I can learn a lot from him...seriously. Speaking of standing, for the past few weeks he's been pulling himself up in his crib, and he pulls up to everything and anything. He is still teething, yet no teeth have popped through. His allergies are worst then ever. I was hoping they would start to trail off and he'd be allergy free by one year, but pretty sure that's not happening. I've been very good with my diet of no dairy/no soy, but will be very glad when it's over. Butter, sour cream, ice cream, skim milk, chili, bread, and many, many other things have been absent from my diet for almost 4 months now and I crave them daily. Yesterday I decided to take Michael for a walk outside. Big mistake. There was a very slight breeze, but it was enough to get his allergies going and by the time we were home his eyes were practically swollen shut and watering, his nose was running, and he wasn't happy. I learned my lesson.
If you look very closely, you can see some hair on his head.....I said VERY closely. Good thing he's a boy because I don't think he'll have a full head of hair for a couple of years. Also, check out the excitement on his face in the picture below. He is doing his classic nose scrunch, snort, laughing face. Love it!I "caught" him reading the other day. He was actually flipping the pages! I know what you're thinking....he's so advanced for his age. Thanks, we think the same thing.
Tonight we are going with some friends to Hogs and Dawgs (motorcycle show), and then to Cool Desert Nights (a classic car show). Only problem is I know that after tonight Kyle will start talking to me about fixing up his and his brother's '64 Impala, and he'll want to buy a street bike. Sorry buddy, ain't happenin'!

5 comments:

Monica said...

He so cute! I can not believe he is 8 months already!! The next few months leading up to "one" fly bye and you will wake up one day and realize you have a BOY on your hand and your cuddly 6 pound baby will be walking talking...I dont know what it is, but Rylan just got looking so grown up the last couple of months! It is so bitter sweet.

Jessica said...

I cannot belive that itsy little boy is so mobile. I am strongly discouraging Ira from learning anything of the such.

Carina said...

Look at him! He's getting meat on his bones!

Ali said...

Michael does get cuter by the day! We are leaving for UT next Friday at the crack of dawn. Maybe we'll need to meet you for some breakfast/lunch. Mcdonalds will probably be the restaurant of choice. I'll call you.

T.H.E.Missionary said...

I'm all for the impala.