Friday, June 13, 2008

Lil' Bro

He wore my cap, gown, and tassel (I don't think they could tell that it said 2000, instead of 2008).
The past week has been a BIG week for my lil' bro Andrew. He sang his first solo at Baccalaureate and then his second solo at graduation (can you tell there are a lot to pick from at his school?) and he did GREAT on both. I have to admit, I was very nervous for him...probably more so then he was for himself, but he pulled it off. So he graduated a week ago from high school, followed by seminary graduation. This week he had finals for Running Start and finished his last final this morning, and tonight he will graduate with his Associates Degree. Yesterday while we were at my cousin's wedding, we got a call from him saying his mission call came in the mail. It had only been a week and half since he put his papers in! After the luncheon a big crowd met at my parents house and he opened his call. He's going to the Texas Houston East Mission-English Speaking, which also encompasses parts of Louisiana. He lives on August 27th, which is perfect for him. He will be able to stay home and work all summer, go to our brother's wedding, and leave right before school starts, also he can finish recovering from shoulder surgery. Way to go Andrew, we're so excited for you!
We had our sister on the webcam so they could see him opening the call

Ah, how cute...love this picture.

3 comments:

Candace said...

gThanks for the pictures.

Britanny said...

Wow! What an accomplished kid--I mean, young man. I was looking through an old photo album a few weeks ago and found a picture of Andrew when he was like 3 or 4. He still has the same cute face--just a grown up version. Congrats to everyone! Can you believe our families are getting old?

Sheryl said...

Hello! Major news! Good thing there are blogs! Tell Andrew congrats for me. I feel a special bond with him since we took a picture near that tree a couple of years ago. And your bro is getting married?! I DID NOT know that. Cool.