Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Summer

All good things must come to an end....we're moving. I am so sad, but so grateful that we were able to live here for the time that we did. I am in LOVE with this place. Who wouldn't be? Every day and every night I look out to the river and can't believe this is where we live. I'm going to miss being secluded out here in the country. I've also converted Kyle to country life. We have looked high and low the past couple of months for a place close to where we live, but nothing has come up. When we couldn't find anything out here, we decided to look in town for something in our ward boundaries, and we also couldn't find anything for rent in our ward. We love our ward too, and are very, very sad to leave after only living there for 10 months. It just seems that we started to get to know people, and now we have to leave. I'm especially sad that Kyle has to leave his calling. The kids really like him, and he really likes them too.


So my days will now be filled with packing, throwing away stuff that I don't need, and trying to keep Michael out of everything. We are moving to a town home, and will rent it until we buy a house. The lady is flexible on our contract, which will be perfect for us. I am so ready to quit paying rent. I've been paying rent for 8 years. I don't even want to calculate how much money I've put into rent.

Speaking of the little guy, here is an update. He learned to say Mama and Dadda in the same day and I don't even think I taught it to him. He picked up on it by himself. He says it all the time now. He's even starting to say Babba for his bottle. I'm really struggling with what to feed him. Fruits and Veggies don't have very many calories in them, and you can only feed him so many cheerios and kix. I made some dairy free bread for him the other day, but he doesn't eat it too much. He does seem to like potatoes. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. I take him to the allergist next week, and hope to come home with some answers.


Kyle's sister and her family surprised us at 6 am on Saturday morning with a phone call and told us they'd be at our house in 40 minutes. Can you say, panic attack?! I made Kyle get out of bed and hurried to clean things up. Too bad I didn't have time to stock up the cupboards, but I think it worked out. We had TONS of fun with them here. They stayed for the day and then headed to Utah. Kyle had a friend in town to go four wheeling, so they took the kids on a ride; it was an action packed weekend. Luckily my mom and dad have a pool, so we all just headed over there and went swimming. I LOVE the heat.

5 comments:

Brittany said...

I'm sorry to hear you have to move--I know how much you like your place. Hopefully, when it comes time to buy, you can find something in your ward, or, who knows, maybe even out in the country again.

I hear you on rent! We're renewing our contract this month--cannot cannot wait until we can buy a place.

Can Michael not have any of the baby food pureed meat products? I don't know about soy and dairy content, but, it seems something should work out.

Chelsea said...

I'll have to look into the meat...never thought about that (not sure why I didn't, but I didn't!)

Lea Tame said...

Are you still living in the same town or moving somewhere else? Cute pictures of the O'Riley's! I miss them!

Lea Tame said...

That could be a fun option... how far is it from Provo though?

Monica said...

My little guy has a limited diet as well, his is because he is picky, not allergic....

He LOVES black beans, corn, rice, spinach flavored "Al-Dente" brand noodles with Olive Oil and basil....I crumble up the Gerber meat sticks for him as well....

Good luck! It is a nightmare dealing with eating issues!!