*Church is getting more and more difficult with our wiggle worm. I was literally sweating today after the first hour. It's a serious workout trying to wrangle Michael. He wore himself out because he took a 3.5 hour nap after church.
*I taught my first lesson in Young Women's today. There were only two girls there (4 leaders), I think there's supposed to be more like 10. Wonder if they found out I'd be teaching. The first thing I saw down the hall when class was over was my naked child. What?! Kyle claimed he had a blowout. I would have classified it as a spill-out. We went to church with him fully clothed, by the time we left...not so much. I will make sure to pack an extra outfit next time (I usually do!)
*Tonight Kyle took us for a drive up to the windmill farms in the hills. It was pretty up there, but I just kept thinking, what a waste of our tax dollars.
As you can tell, Michael thoroughly enjoyed the windmills, or maybe just pulling on my hair.
*We just had family counsel, and we're recommitting ourselves to do better in more then one area. I always need encouragement and assistance to keep going. Last night's Relief Society broadcast was amazing, and I once again realized I have MUCH to improve on, but also much to be grateful for. The one thing I love about the leaders of our church is that they motivate by being positive.
This is how I found Michael on Friday after I gave him two apples slices to gnaw on......
*I taught my first lesson in Young Women's today. There were only two girls there (4 leaders), I think there's supposed to be more like 10. Wonder if they found out I'd be teaching. The first thing I saw down the hall when class was over was my naked child. What?! Kyle claimed he had a blowout. I would have classified it as a spill-out. We went to church with him fully clothed, by the time we left...not so much. I will make sure to pack an extra outfit next time (I usually do!)
*Tonight Kyle took us for a drive up to the windmill farms in the hills. It was pretty up there, but I just kept thinking, what a waste of our tax dollars.

As you can tell, Michael thoroughly enjoyed the windmills, or maybe just pulling on my hair.
*We just had family counsel, and we're recommitting ourselves to do better in more then one area. I always need encouragement and assistance to keep going. Last night's Relief Society broadcast was amazing, and I once again realized I have MUCH to improve on, but also much to be grateful for. The one thing I love about the leaders of our church is that they motivate by being positive.This is how I found Michael on Friday after I gave him two apples slices to gnaw on......
5 comments:
I will say that Michael is quite entertaining to watch during Sacrament meeting. A couple of times, I actually wished that we were sitting behind you so that he would play with us. How's that for paying attention?
Josh looked over to me after Sacrament meeting and in the most excited voice said, "I didn't know that Kyle was in our ward!" Ummm, I think he thinks your husband is REALLY, REALLY cool! And apparently, they are on a first name basis too ;) I tried telling him that yes, BROTHER MAHUIKA is in our ward, and he said, "Who's that? I was talking about Kyle." Nice.
Tiffani, that is so funny. Kyle seems to be very popular with the younger crowd. Tell Josh he can call him Brother Kyle.
Church, hah!! I asked if I could take a leave of absence until he was grown....they laughed and thought I was kidding....our saving grace is to go to the RS room where they pipe the sacrament/chapel audio in....we let the little man have free reign(we even bring tennis balls for him to chase around) and we turn the speaker way up so we can listen. Extra bonus- we are by ourselves in there. Sometimes it is so hard to listen in the hall because all the parents with children get gabbing so loud.... Church doesn't get easier!!! just wait till he bolts up to puplit and trys to play the organ! yeah, that was us this Sunday!!!
Our goal is to get through the sacrament and everything else is just gravy. I don't know how other people get their kids to stay seated, but mine will have none of it, so I feel your pain! The best is when we sit in the back and he sees Matt on the stand and starts yelling Hi and waving. And then if I let him down, he bolts for the front.
I love that picture of michael playing with your hair! he's so cute!!
Post a Comment