Monday, January 19, 2009

Pneumonia

Talk about a nightmare that feels like it won't end. Poor Michael has pneumonia. We couldn't get his fever to break for 24 straight hours on Sunday. It got up over 105 multiple times. Sunday night he threw up in his crib, then a couple of hours later he threw up on Kyle....in our bed at 5 am. He got two baths between 2 and 5 am. Since then I've been thrown up on multiple times. I slept a total of 45 minutes Sunday night. Lovely.

Last night was much better. He still has a fever, and still can't keep anything down, but we all got some sleep. I just gave him a bottle (liquid diet) and he was so hungry and was crying for more, so I succumbed and gave him another 4 ounces. Shouldn't have done it. Once again, I was drenched. Let's hope this ends soon. The antibiotics seem to be working.

Here's what pneumonia looks like....
I this is how we all feel right about now.

12 comments:

N M said...

Oh poor wee man. Hope he gets better soon x

tharker said...

Poor little guy. That last picture is so sweet and sad at the same time. I hope he is feeling better very soon.

Kate said...

awww, poor boy!! That is so sad!
Let me know if you need anything, remember I am just right behind you!!
I hope he feels a lot better real soon and that you guys don't get sick either!

Ben and Alissa said...

I hope he gets better soon, he looks so sad :(

Amander said...

That is so horrible to watch your little boy suffer - especially when you are going on no sleep too. Hope things get better.

::lindsay said...

oh, poor guy! I hope he gets better. That picture was so sad. I can't believe his temp was so high. I would have been freaking out.

Jessica said...

Oh Man, It is torture I am dealing with the flu with Ira. I like you have probably never done so much laundry. It is torturous. Good luck on the job front. You know you could always come back to good old Ut and work for Derek:) Hahah

Chelsea said...

Thanks for the concern everyone. Michael is feeling better. Today he is sleeping constantly. He just slept for 3 hours in his bed, and when he woke up he fell asleep in my arms for another 2 hours. No more fever either....thank heavens.

Now, I just need to be able to get something done!

Stacia said...

Poor baby! Glad to read he is getting better little by little.

This reminded me of when I was younger. My sister got pneumonia when she was 18 mo old, I was 10 and remember it well. Lots of worry and after a trip to the doctor she was still so lethargic it was scary to see. A normally extremely active toddler just laying around. Within an hour of getting a blessing from my Dad and Grandpa she was up running and acting normal. It was my first witness to a miracle of a priesthood blessing. A great memory for me.

Hope you get a GREAT night of sleep very soon!

brentandkashann said...

I HATE having sick babies! It is so scary. Just makes you love and appreciate them more doesn't it. Get better soon little guy.

Sheryl said...

man girlfriend! I am sorry. You are so strong and such a good example of being a devout mother. i hope little chief gets better soon!

Monica said...

that breaks my heart!! I feel bad for all of you!!! You all our in my thoughts and prayers!! I hope he gets better quickly!!