Wednesday, February 11, 2009

3 to 1

This afternoon we spent three hours at the doctor's office for my 20 week appointment. We found out that Baby Boy #2 is on his way! We are very excited to welcome another boy into the family.

I swore I was having a girl because of how different I've felt with this pregnancy, but alas I was wrong. The ultrasound tech said the baby was measuring 7 days ahead of my due date (which is weird because I'm still not really showing), and that the doctor would most likely change my due date to June 26th. Of course I then got my hopes up, but the doc said he wouldn't change it unless it was two weeks ahead of schedule. I even said I'd bake him cookies, and he could pick what kind. Didn't work.

Everything with the baby checked out great, which is always a huge relief and a blessing. I'm excited to have two boys close together so they can be buddies, and now I already have everything for a boy, except for newborn summer clothes. Kyle says we can just stick him in a onesie.

Now on to names....I think we'll keep everyone in suspense until July 2nd

19 comments:

Stacia said...

CONGRATULATIONS! That will be really nice to have two boys close together and they can blame each other for messes!

Happy for you and Kyle.

Praying the job search is successful, very soon. I know how stressful and draining it can be. But when you look back you are amazed that you weathered through it and made it work. I always thought of the pioneers and how resourceful they were.

NaDell said...

How fun! They can share a room longer and be good buddies.
Sharing clothes and toys is great too. (No reason to have both boy and girl toys taking up the whole house yet. Those things multiply so fast!)
Hope the search is going better....

N M said...

YAY! It will be so neat having 2 boys close together, they will do everything with each other =)

And anyway, girls are hard work, boys are much easier.

::lindsay said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! Having 2 boys together will be a blast. But how on Earth are you not really showing yet?

Jessica said...

That is Awesome. Michael needed it to be a brother:) Glad to hear all is well.

AOlson said...

How exciting!! Two boys. Jacob always asks for a brother, at least you won't ever have to hear that complaint:) Congratulations!! Hope the job hunting gets better:)

tharker said...

Brothers!!!!

Congratulations, Chelsea and Kyle!!

Monica said...

Congrats!! Kyle is right about the onezie thing... our guy was a summer baby and he only wore onesies for the first three months!! Gotta love cheap outfits and less to wash!!

Caroline said...

that's fun, Chels. I'm so glad everything checked out well. Congratulations!

Heather said...

I thought for sure it was going to be a girl too. And seriously on Sunday I was thinking "If she doesn't break out those maternity clothes soon we may not be able to be friends." I know, big threat right?

Good luck job hunting.

Carina said...

I'm so excited! It's trip to be so outnumbered ;)

Vanessa said...

Congratulations! Michael is so cute, I am sure you'll have fun with another boy!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Another boy will be great for Michael. They can do lots of boy things with each other. Michael will be a great big brother. Katie G. is having a boy mid-April. Lots of boys this spring. Hang in there. Congrats!!!
Teacher Kathy

Jessie, David & Jaiden Cluck said...

congrats you two!! I hope you have a safe and wonderfull pregnancy! I bet your little one is excited to be a big brother.

Pitt Stop Sants said...

CONGRATULATIONS Chelsea!!! I hope you and your family are well. We should talk sometime. Its been too long. Sometimes waiting and trying so hard and keeping hope and a prayer in our hearts wears us down more than anything else. It will work out! Love ya!

The Mama said...

That's so great that you're having another boy! My two boys are the very best of friends and I am so glad I had them close together too. Can't wait to hear what you name him!

Lovely Lindsay said...

happy to have run across your blog. congrats on the baby boy news! there is something so cool about two brothers. you're going to have a blast.
love, lindsay

Amy said...

Congratulations!

Kais said...

Chels, I am SO behind on keeping up with the lives of my friends lately so when I finally sat down this morning to check up on you I was so excited to hear this great news!!! Congrats! Two boys in a row are fun. We are excited to see another Chelsea/Kyle gorgeous combo! :) I hope all is going well - feel free to call and vent about prego pains or unemployment pains anytime.