Saturday, August 1, 2009

Best Money Ever Spent

Since the week Preston was born Michael has been crawling out of his crib and thinks it's more comfortable to sleep by the door. After putting him down for a nap or for bed at night, he quickly jumps out of his crib, starts knocking on the door, and then shortly after falls asleep by the door. Sometimes when I go in to his room (if I can, since he's usually smack up against the door), I will find him behind the door surrounded by toys, shoes, or whatever else he could find in the dark to drag over to his new corner. As cute as it was, I was not enjoying this new arrangement, especially since it meant shorter nap times, and sometimes no nap. I bit the bullet and bought a crib tent on the Internet. After I put Michael to bed tonight for the first time with the crib tent up he said, "I down, I want out." He cried a little bit the first time, has since woke up twice crying, but is now sound asleep.

The crib tent and I are now best friends. What a lifesaver!

4 comments:

::lindsay said...

Gotta love the crib tent! We bought one with Carson. He was 16 months and continually climbing out of his crib, but not old enough to be in a big boy bed. It was the perfect solution. I'm glad it is going so well for you too!

tharker said...

Hannah was our infamous escape artist. I had no idea about the crib tent back then. Josh, on the other hand never even attempted to climb out of his crib. He stayed in that thing until he was 2 1/2, I think ;)

So glad you found something that works!!

Ali said...

why didn't I invent that thing!?!? What an ingenious idea. Glad it's keeping Michael under wraps!

summerbummer said...

I just had to comment- this is hilarious and it makes me laugh!

(sorry for blog stalking... We met over the summer at the EHS reunion, and I found you through Ali! sorry!)