Tonight for Family Home Evening (FHE)Kyle told the story of the 2,000 stripling warriors, and then we both told a story about our mother's faith that we remember from our childhood. Afterwards in the spirit of the stripling warriors. Kyle taught Michael how to do the Haka (again). It's so cute. Before we read the scriptures at night I ask Michael, what's this? He say's The Book of Mormon....I love it!
Michael is OBSESSED with Monster's, Inc. Actually he's way too obsessed with it. He wants to watch it all the time. I have to admit during this windy weather when we stay inside all day, he's watched it one too many times. If I turn it off he throws a huge tantrum. The type of tantrum where he squeezes the skin on my neck, and gets this look in his eyes that scares even me! Yes, I admit before I had kids, I said I didn't want my kids watching too much TV. I STILL don't want my kids watching too much TV. This week though Michael has probably watched too much of Monster's, Inc. We'll do better next week.
Michael's favorite thing to do is move all the pillows from the living room into the family room. I have a lot of pillows, so it's annoying, but funny at the same time. He does it at least twice a day. You can also find him piling them up and jumping on them. So much for trying to keep them nice looking.
Michael still loves Preston more than anything, which is a double edged sword. I love it that he wants to be with him, play with him, but I hate it that he wants to wake him up, jump on his back, pick him up and push him down. He loves to beat up Preston.
Preston is teething and he's having a rough time with it, or maybe it's me that having a rough time with it. Right now he's got a really bad runny nose. I hate when my babies get sick, I feel bad for them that I have to wipe their nose. Preston is starting to get pretty attached to having people around him. He has always been the baby that doesn't want you to leave the room, and it doesn't seem to be letting up. He is getting so big, and I can't believe my baby is 10 months old. I am so ready to be done nursing. He's NEVER had a bottle, and doesn't take a sippy cup. I swore I'd go until a year, and I'm sticking to it. Only 1.5 more months, I can do it!!!!!
Preston standing up to things a lot more now, and really getting more mobile. He even learned how to crawl up the stairs a couple of weeks ago, but I don't let him near those things because he fell backwards and hit his head on the tile. Oops. Preston is NOT the sleeper that Michael was/is. He is doing a bit better though so I should complain, but still it's hard! Preston's hair only grows around the edges so he looks like an old man, plus he has a funny shaped head right now. Poor guy. Good thing he's so dang cute, otherwise I might be worried about his noggin'. Kyle keeps begging me to cut it (we have done with scissors a few times), and he wants to use the clippers. Something about clippers just says little boy to me, so I'm holding on. Plus I like his whispy old man hair.
My birthday was a success. Kyle got me all of the workout gear that I need (I was in desperate need of some items). He also arranged to pick up some Schwann's ice cream for me. He had to meet the guy after work somewhere near our house. Now that's romantic! We went to Red Robin as a family that night to get my free birthday burger. Michael sits still there because he can color. That boy loves to color. Both boys loved watching people get sung to. By the way, what's up with Red Robin not doing mud pie anymore. I know it's been A LONG time since they've done that for birthdays, but I do miss it.
The wind is killing me around here. We were having such good weather now I feel like I live in a dust bowl. Man, it was windy today. I have been busy rounding up giveaways for this week on my other blog. I can't believe some of the cool stuff that I have coming up this week. Tune in.....
6 comments:
Love that picture of Michael and Beckham. Good luck holding out on the clippers (and nursing for that matter).
thanks for the wrap up. sometimes we get so busy blogging about the day to day, we never do a "wrap up" post...about "this is life for us these days...". that picture of your boys holding hands in the car is PRICELESS. you will probably look at that one day and remember how little they both were together! They are adorable.
I am weaning P right now. it's going great, she doesn't seem to notice. I do feel like she is a BIG girl when i lay her down to nurse her. Way to stick with it with Preston!
I think your boys are so darn cute. I really want to see a video of Michael doing the Haka! (hint, hint..)
I love Preston's old man hair. And I think you're right, once you cut his hair with clippers, he'll look so much older (why is it that boys always look older with their hair cut?).
I'm glad you had a great birthday!! And I'm with ya 100%...I want Mud Pie back!
you look so cute....you certainly have great style!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I just told David Michael knows the haka, and I second the wanting to see a video. Or maybe I will just ask him to do it for us while we are always the last ones to leave church! But maybe that will be a little inappropiate for church. we should probably teach our children reverence huh!! oh and maybe I should teach my girl to keep her lips to herself. She Came home from Church on Sunday and told me all about how she played with Michael in Nursery...I think she might have a crush, she talks about him alot!
Hi girl! I just found your blog from your comments on the Gledhills blog. Looks like you have your hands full of boys. I live near Seattle and have 2 little girls. Are you in tri-cities?
Post a Comment