Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sunday with the Grandparents

Is blogging going out of style? I hope not because I'll still be rocking it in 10 years. On Sunday we took a last minute trip up north to visit my grandparents on their farm near Moses Lake. It was my favorite place to go as a child. When I think of my grandparents, I think of homemade cookies, peaches, magnifying glass, spiritual thoughts, an amazing swing set made out of telephone poles, tractors, green boat, a pond, secret hiding places, Schwann's ice cream, chocolate fudge, siphon tubes, pull-up bars, sewing room, gardens galore, a huge willow tree and many, many more things. Everything is just the same as it was 20 years ago when I was young. I think we did or saw most of the things that I just listed. Grandpa tried to give a spiritual thought but Michael kept punching the newspaper that he was reading out of. Sorry Grandpa, maybe when he's 3 he'll be reverent.  I'm sure Grandma and Grandpa were ready for bed after we left.  Michael was all over the place, nothing out of the ordinary.  Michael has been talking about GG's house all week.

Michael and Preston had so much fun while we were there. Oh how I wish we lived on a farm. I think all kids should live on a farm, and all teenagers should work on one. I can dream....


9 comments:

Jill said...

Those pictures are priceless!

S. Schuller said...

Ditto that. Looks like such a fun "getaway." Your grandparents are beautiful!

Natasha said...

The best of memories. And I agree about the farm thing.

NaDell said...

I love this post. It reminds me of all the fun I had at my Grandma and Grandpa's house. Coincidentally, my kids call them "Farm Grandma" and Farm Grandpa.
I love the pull up bar. I think I need to see pictures of the whole swing set. Do you have any of those?
And I hope blogging's not going out of style. I love it.

Unknown said...

Look at that Moses Lake scenery! I love it! Cute pictures!

tharker said...

I love it!

My favorite place to go as a child was also my grandparents house. To this day, it still is. They both have passed away, but my dad now has their home. I still love to walk around that place. It just has a feeling about it that I can't get enough of.

Sheryl said...

what are we going to do with michael! he is too much. i love it!

Shannon L said...

These pictures are adorable! So funny with Michael planted in the middle of Grandma and Grandpa!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful read and the pics are just amazing. You are so lucky to have grandparents!!! I'm so glad that I got to be your teacher and now we are friends!!! Teacher Kathy