Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Love My Clara!

There is so much to update with Clara over the past two weeks, that if you would like to read and learn more, go HERE to read Natasha's blog.
This picture was when she was scarfing down her food.  Hilarious!

I've been able to go up to Spokane three times now to visit Clara, and each time I hate to go home.  There is something about being there and knowing what's going on, that is more comforting then reading it via the internet or hearing it over the phone.  Yesterday I drove up to Spokane all by myself (I can't remember the last time I drove that long alone.  It was weird.)  Thanks to my wonderful mother-in-law who came to visit and stayed here with my boys, I was able to do it without arranging for babysitting.
Clara has not been taking naps lately, but yesterday they got her pain meds regulated and she knocked out.  I ordered Natasha into the "suite" and I cat napped in the room with Clara who took a stellar nap.  The steroids have caused some swelling in Clara, but I think it makes her looks so cute with her chubby cheeks.  I imagine it doesn't feel very good to be swollen though.
I must say I was so surprised to see all of the wonderful things that people have brought to Clara and her family. Clara really does love everything she gets!  It's the little distractions that keep the monotony of their day bearable!
The baby is kicking me constantly lately!  We find out in a week what we are having.  I'm not really showing yet, but before you know it I'll be huge, I can feel and see my clothes getting snugger and the baby is definitely coming out of hiding.  Michael has demanded that his next sibling be a girl.  He even has called his favorite baby blanket his sister for the past year or so, and carries her around the house and treats her very carefully.  We are not allowed to call that blanket a blanket....only SISTER.   I think it's a boy, and Kyle is hoping for a boy but says he'll be happy with a girl.  I don't care either way...I think.

6 comments:

Britanny said...

I love the picture of Clara eating--I want to squeeze her!!!

NaDell said...

I love that you guys are all taking pictures of this process to share with us. She is really a remarkable little girl and the attitude of your family is terrific. Thanks for keeping us updated. Clara is so adorable.
I almost forgot that you are even expecting! I'm super excited for you! (Maybe I'll see you Saturday at Carol's baby shower....)

Candace said...

What a cutie! I love seeing pictures when I can't be there. Much different looking little girl than when I went a week and a half ago.

Sheryl said...

she's really looking good. i just love her. you are such a great sister, Chels. I'm so excited for baby #3!

Brook said...

You guys really are an example and I was so touched by your sweet testimony on Sunday! By living righteously you have been prepared to go through this and strengthen each other as an eternal family! Love you guys so much!

Cajsa said...

I think these picures are so fantastic. It's so great that you get to go and see them as often as you can. If you ever need help with the boys or whatever when you go, let me know.