My sweet niece Clara has been very sick for the past 2.5 week. After a visit to the ER, an urgent care, their doctor, and multiple house calls by family friends in the medical field without any real answers my sister Natasha and our Mom drove up to Spokane last night (arrived at midnight) to admit Clara into the pediatric ER at Sacred Heart. Natasha and Brian were told over the past couple of weeks that Clara had strep throat and sometimes it can take awhile to kick. Well we all knew something else was amiss because of her limping, fatigue, body aches, etc. This morning she was diagnosed with
Neuroblastoma above her kidney which is a childhood cancer. We don't know any answers yet as they haven't met with an oncologist (hoping to first thing this morning). Please keep the Woodwards in your prayers and hold your babies a little tighter today.
In the meantime my boys and Clara's sister, Kate are having the best time playing with the Barbies that my mom dropped off a couple of weeks ago from when I was a little girl. Man, I kind of wish it was okay with boys to play with Barbies (and no, it will never be REALLY okay in our house) because my boys haven't stayed this self entertained....ever!
Actually now they are shooting bad guys with dart guns....gotta love kids!
4 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about Clara. What a hard thing to have to deal with. Thank goodness for modern medicine and knowledgeable doctors. I'm praying for her too.
Your boys would probably like the superhero toys that are about the same size as Barbies. =)
so sorry to hear this!!! I will pray for all of them!!
SO funny about the Barbies. I thought you were going to say they were shooting the Barbies with the dart guns. Anyway...thanks for talking to me this morning. You guys are like my family away from family so anything I can do to help. John doesn't think you will call if you and Natasha need any help but I said I'd harass you til you did. Our prayers are with Clara, Natasha and her family and all of you. We love you guys!
que niños más bonitos tienes, te invito a visitar mi blog , puedes descubrir muchas cosas para hacer con ellos
http://karmucaycuquino.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment