Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

This year for Halloween we went out to my parents for dinner with the cousins.  We made the mistake of trying to take a picture of the grandkids with my parents.  Let this be a reminder to never attempt to take a non-Halloween picture on Halloween.  The kids were wired!  I convinced Kyle to stay in Burbank and trick-or-treat on the street where I grew up.  We have now decided that Burbank is our new hot-spot.  Everyone was so excited to actually have someone knock on their door that they were passing out candy by the hand-fulls.  At one house Preston snatched 5 full size candy bars.  The lady said she bribes people to come to her house with full-size candy bars and told them to take as many as they wanted.  Another house was giving out large Gatorades.  We went to a couple of houses where we were their only trick-or-treaters!  At every single door we went to Preston made sure he gave them a very loud ROAR.  It was hilarious.  It was a much more enjoyable experience then going with the masses in our neighborhood.  I definitely over did it though by helping taking the boys trick-or-treating a week after delivering a big baby.  Lesson learned!

In this picture, Michael is attempting to get everyone to be quiet by yelling.  Nice Michael.
 I didn't get a decent picture of my alligator, dinosaur, and lion, but at least I got one!

3 comments:

NaDell said...

That picture had the potential of being a great picture. It still IS great, but in a funny way. =)
I love the one with your mom and the kids all dressed up. Adorable. I ventured to Burbank Monday night to the library and remembered what it was like when that was built and all of my good memories from there. I love Burbank. =)
I like your kids' Halloween costumes too. They are super cute.

Cajsa said...

We're definitely heading out to Burbank with you next year for Halloween!

Thomasene said...

Great memories in years to come.