Monday, February 27, 2012

Allergies

My suspicions have been confirmed.  Brooks has a milk protein allergy like Michael did, which means I have to quit eating all dairy.  Ugh.  Michael was also allergic to soy, but Brooks' symptoms aren't near as bad as Michael's, so I'm thinking it's just dairy.  I quit eating dairy for four days, and he went from having 9 to 10 bad loose diapers to just 1 or 2, and his spitting up completely stopped.  However, I went out of town for a couple of days and ate a few meals with small amounts of dairy in them, and sure enough he had constant blow-out diapers and his spitting up returned.  He also has been crying in pain when I lay him down for naps or at night, and when I went off dairy that quit, and sure enough returned when I ate it again.  Also his eczema went away, and sure enough when I ate it, he got the rashes back.

The good news is after taking Michael to the doctor for the first 3 years of his life because of his allergies all the time, I already know what I need to do, and I don't have to waste thousands of dollars in the meantime.  The bad news, no more cheese.  I love cheese.

2 comments:

Thomasene said...

Sorry Chelsea. This good news is you know what to do.

AmbertheGreat said...

so sorry to hear!