Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Life

 Michael loves Brooks and Brooks loves Michael.  He wants to be holding, smooching, and hugging him at all times.
This post is purely documenting purposes. I'm trying to document Brooks' symptoms for future resource.  I'm now off of dairy, soy, wheat, eggs, nuts and corn to try and figure out what Brooks' is allergic too.  I've been off of dairy and soy for over a month now, and everything else for a week and half.  I just went off of corn on Saturday though because I have a hunch it's causing him problems because it was the only allergy type of food I ate last week and he had really bad eczema and gas at night. I was eating quite a bit of corn chips and corn tortillas since I wasn't able to eat anything else.  He is still having those symptoms but today his eczema started to clear up. Now I just need his diarrhea to go away, and for him to sleep longer than 2 hours at night. Nursing every two hours is proving to be exhausting.  During the day he goes longer, but at night when his stomach is upset, it's the only thing he wants.  I think I'm going insane at night...no joke!  Once I've been off of everything for 2 full weeks, I'm hoping his symptoms will clear up and then I can add in a food to see if that's what he's allergic to. Unfortunately the blood and skin tests are inconclusive at this age, so I can't go that route.  I would put him on formula but it's 45 dollars a can, and it only lasts 2 days, so I'm desperately trying to avoid that.  You ask what I eat?  Rice, fruit, veggies, meat, and fish.  I need to go to a health food store to stock up on some snacks because right now I'm going crazy.  I'm trying not to lose weight too fast because that means my milk will be gone, and then I'll have to put him on the dang formula.  So I'm cooking with olive oil to give me the fat that I need, and eating lots and lots of fruits and veggies.  I'm pretty sure he's not allergic to nuts, but I have to take it out while I'm doing my trial.

I've been so tired and hungry lately that I'm afraid my boys aren't getting their best mom, I know that will change soon!  Pretty much my life consists of nursing, looking in the fridge dreaming of the food that I used to eat, calming the boys down, trying to talk the boys into playing outside, doing laundry non-stop because Brooks has tummy problems, and thinking of what in the world I'm going to fix for dinner with this dumb diet.
Preston fell and had huge fat lips.  Just glad his teeth didn't get knocked out.  
Michael and Preston are best friends, but boy oh boy do they rough house, fight, wrestle.  You name it, they are doing it.  I have busy body boys that is for sure.  Preston's crib tent ripped so he can get out of it, and I can't get a hold of the manufacture to send me a replacement tent, so I'm pretty much going nuts at nap time.  He's not the type of kid who will let me lay next to him and he'll fall asleep.  He is trying my patience that's for sure!  Yesterday after putting him back in his bed a million times, he let me lay on the floor and he finally fell asleep.



Our neighbor Bob found a used wagon on craigslist and fixed it up for the boys.  He said he spent 8 hours on it!  They love it, and we love Bob!  Preston is obsessed with Bob.  He always wants to go see him next door.  Multiple times this week we'll say, where did Preppy go, he was right here?  Lo and behold he has snuck over to Bob's house.  Bob told him he's not allowed to come over without telling mom and dad first, but it hasn't clicked.  On Saturday Bob was vacuuming his house and Preston snuck into his house (yes, I have one of those kids), but Bob didn't hear him.  Preston was standing in his room when Bob turned around with the vacuum.  He said he about had a heart attack.  Another time I was fixing dinner and Preston was standing right next to me.  Next thing I know, he's gone.  Preston was only wearing his underwear too.  Sure enough he went to Bob's house and rang the doorbell a million times.  Bob opened the door, Preston walked in and saw a woman sitting on the couch (he had a date over), and Preston froze up and walked back to the door because he was wondering who the strange lady was in Bob's house.  Oh boy!  Kyle told Bob to quit giving our boys popsicles and maybe Preston will quit sneaking over.  Time to get a lock at the top of our door.

We are ready for some HEAT around these parts.  Summer, where are you????  

6 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I think I would have given up on nursing long ago. so props to you. But could you get a prescription from your dr. to somehow get your insurance to pay for some of the formula? it probably doesn't work that way but maybe you could try? I don't know. It sounds horrible though. good luck! if everyone in the ward pitched in 5 bucks I bet we could get you a pretty good supply! HAHAHHA!!

brentandkashann said...

Good for you keeping up with the diet with all that going on with your kids. I am not a good dieter. I just keep hoping for consistent good weather so I can exercise almost every day with babies in stroller and not feel as guilty about not eating like a bird.

Shannon Lybbert Low said...

For what it's worth Chelsea...I would nurse him as long as possible. There is so much research showing the long term health benefits. It's a huge sacrifice on your part, that's for sure! I hope that you can sort the allergies out soon so you can eat more of what you love. So sorry for the trial! P.S. this is coming from someone that was unsuccessful at nursing her four kids, despite much effort and a huge desire and belief in nursing.

Becky Kornell said...

Way to go girl to keep on nursing!

brentandkashann said...

I just really read your last post and then realized I had totally skimmed this post and now understand the part about "starving and having nothing to eat". Sorry for skimming. hope you will forgive me and good luck. that sounds so horrible

brentandkashann said...

I just really read your last post and then realized I had totally skimmed this post and now understand the part about "starving and having nothing to eat". Sorry for skimming. hope you will forgive me and good luck. that sounds so horrible