Thursday, January 24, 2013

Documenting

I was talking to Michael about going to kindergarten in the fall, and I pulled up the website for his new elementary school.  I showed him the two teachers and asked him, if he could pick, which teacher he'd pick.  He was snuggled up right next to me on the couch, and he hugged me and said, "I pick neither, I want you."  Then he said, "if I had to pick one, I'd pick that one (he pointed to the younger teacher with curly hair) because she looks like you."  Melt my mother heart!
Michael is such a trooper.  He has to wear this eye patch for 4 hours every single day, and he's been doing it since September.  I'm so grateful he will wear it, so that we can fix his eyes while he's still young.  He got this marble track for Christmas and I've been helping them put it together, but today Michael decided he could do it by himself, and he did!  I'm so proud of him for figuring things out on his own.  Behind Michael you can see Preston's Lego trail.  Preppy has played with Legos since he was 2, and he's so good at it.  I'm pretty sure at 3 years old, Preppy is better at doing Legos and puzzles than most 5 year old's.  When we go to the library, the first thing he does, is grab the puzzles and put them together.  Don't even think about messing with Preston's puzzles or Legos!!