Thursday, September 11, 2008

Can't Wait

We had a great time in Seattle with the family. We had to find a different babysitter at the last minute as in 6 hours before we left. Kyle's cousin is a saint and agreed to take Michael for the night. She said he was an angel, and didn't cry or fuss once. That's my boy! I don't think he knew I left. I on the other hand, shed a tear, and couldn't wait to get back.
I CANNOT wait to leave tomorrow. I can't believe I'll be in Utah with absolutely nothing to do, but visit friends and family, go to a couple BYU football games and eat at my favorite restaurants. I wonder if I'll sleep tonight. The only thing that makes me not excited is my sister called to let me know they caught two mice at their house today, and I'll be sleeping on a mat on the floor. I wonder if I'll sleep next week. I might just crawl in the pack n' play with Michael.

Michael is starting to walk. He's taken two steps, and I'm afraid he'll start walking while Kyle is in North Carolina. The past two weeks he's started to grind his teeth. Nothing drives me more nuts. I think he knows it too.
We can't get him to sit still for anything. So in order to clip his nails, we have to do it while he's asleep.
This might be my favorite picture of him. I feel like he's saying. "Mom, leave me alone, I just woke up and I'm trying to watch the Today Show." Don't let him fool you. Two seconds later, he was up and at 'em.
This is a classic Michael face. Actually this is what he looks like when he's about to bite me.

6 comments:

mahuikafamily said...

Hey Chelsea, wicked family photo, that is sooo cool. I'm still trying to figure out where everyone lives. Michael looks dang on the couch, I 2nd what your saying, or it could be "Mum...dinner ready yet?" hehe.

Candace said...

Make that THREE now. I'm not staying at my house during the day because I'm so scared.

Jessica said...

I would love to see you when you come. Maybe Michael can teach Ira how to walk. Make sure and give me a call when you have a spare second and we can go eat at one of your spots. 623-0442

mahuikafamily said...

my comment should read 'Michael looks dang cute on the couch'...

Sheryl said...

who's the girl next to you on the right? she looks like a girl i ran with. by the way...i LOVE reading your blog. your baby is soooooo cute! i wish i could meet him! i miss you! cant wait to hear how utah went. i dont want to move back, but it's always great to visit!

Kaitian said...

Trying to get ahold of Kyle and I'm wondering if it's a possibility he can get ahold of me. Give him the hint that it's the hearing-impaired kid from his hometown. He should know who it is.

Just email me at kaitian868@yahoo.com Thanks!