Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Dumpster Diving

The funniest/scariest thing happened today. So, we're staying with my sister, and she has the exact same high chair that we have at home. It has a five point harness, and is NOT easy to get out of. Actually, I would say, it's impossible. I had just put Michael in the high chair with some Cheerios, and Candace had just put Carter in timeout in the kitchen. I decided to leave the kitchen, as to not upset the three year old anymore who was in timeout across the dining area. Candace and I were looking at some pictures, when I decided to go check on Michael because he was being very quiet. What I found was hilarious, shocking, and scary all at the same time. He was standing up in her kitchen garbage can! What?! I about died. He had somehow wrangled himself free from the high chair harness, and managed to get himself in the garbage can which was next to the high chair, standing up. Not to mention her high chair has rollers and rolls all over the place, and it wasn't locked into place. I CANNOT believe he didn't end up head first on the tile. My sister said I should have taken a picture. I think I was too shocked to take a picture.

He's still not walking....AAHHH!

I chopped my hair. BIG TIME. It's straight right now, and I'm actually very nervous to get it wet tomorrow. If it's short now, it will be really short tomorrow. I always take two weeks to get used to my hair cuts, so we'll see.

We are loving our time in Utah. Couldn't ask for a better trip to see friends and family.

5 comments:

mahuikafamily said...

I love getting my haircut, always makes me feel good, post a picture please.

Michael sounds too cute, how the heck did he manage that, you've got one bright boy on your hands.

x

Monica said...

First off, did you get your hair cut by that guy....? I can not remember his name.....

Secondly, BOYS!!! They are monkeys!! Rylan loves to climb on the kitchen table and grab the chandelier!! I swear they sprout wings and fly while we are not looking!!!Good luck, it only gets worse as they get themselves into all kinds of places!!

Sheryl said...

cant wait to see pics of the hair!

p.s. you need to sit michael down and have a conversation with him much like the ones i have with my third graders. you should look him in the eye and say, "Michael, I'm not playin' with you. you need to start walking. now quit messin' around and get to walkin'" hahaha!

Amander said...

Can't wait to see the hair. And enjoy Michael not walking for a while - he'll be into everything all that much more when he does!

blindblogger said...

Maybe an angel put him in there. You never know.