Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Walk Already!

Michael is standing up all by himself, and even turning around, but he still won't walk. It's just around the corner though. He is really starting to put on some weight, which we love. Someone told me the other day that he was "solid." Yeah! He now says Momma, Dadda, Babba, Bye-Bye (waves hi and bye), and copies everything we do. We are loving this stage.
We are enjoying the fall weather, and I hope it lasts for awhile. For F.H.E. we went on a bike ride and Michael loved it. We'll definitely be doing it again soon. The last couple of days were spent canning tomato juice. I've decided that canning peaches is much more exciting and delicious, so I'm looking forward to that next week. It's my first time canning alone, and I can't believe how much work it is!

Every night this week Kyle's been teaching the haka to some guys from our old ward for a luau tonight. Should be VERY entertaining...here's a sneak peak. Let's just say one of the guys wants to die his hair black for the occasion. It may or may not be the same guy who has blood blisters on his legs from slapping them so much. We like his enthusiasm! Pictures and hopefully a video will follow tomorrow.

This weekend we're going to Seattle to cheer on Bryce and the rest of the BYU football team (and also watch them do the Haka). We were going to take Michael but I decided it wouldn't be fun for anyone to have him at the stadium for 6 hours on Saturday, so Devin and Kendra kindly agreed to babysit him. I'm SOOO nervous to leave him overnight. I'm afraid he's going to sense I'm gone, and cry, which he never does, but still I'm nervous. I told them that he sleeps in until 9:30 or 10, but keep worrying that he won't sleep at all. I need to calm down. I used to think it was crazy when moms would have a hard time leaving their kids, now I'm one of those moms.

5 comments:

Candace said...

I've still never had the chance to leave my kids overnight with anyone...the only night I spent away from Carter was when I had Blake. The longer you wait, the harder it is...I think.

Brittany said...

I ran into Adam and Sam Harker at the fabric store yesterday. They were choosing the fabric for the Haka.

You'll definitely have to post pictures!

[M] said...

were you kidding about him sleeping in that late? you're lucky, we're up at 5:30. cute outfit, by-the-way... oh, and what in the world do you do with canned tomatoe juice?

Sheryl said...

Chels! You are sooooooooo cute! I can't get over it!

AmbertheGreat said...

SO, how was it being at that game! I was dying watching it at home, I can't imagine actually being there. I am so glad they won!!! When are you getting to utah?