Friday, January 30, 2009

Life Update

We're STILL looking for a job, so please keep your eyes and ears open. We've been busy calling, emailing and trying to network with people we know, kind of know, don't know, and would like to know. I've always said looking for a job is a full time job in and of itself, and this search is proving me right. We are applying for jobs around the country, but as you know times are tough and companies are scaling back. I hate wondering where my family will be in the next month, and what we will be doing. I really want to have this new baby here, but it's not looking good, then again, it's not looking good anywhere else either. I'm trying to have faith. It's hard.

I'm now 18 plus weeks, and still not showing or gaining weight, it's kind of weird but I'm not complaining! I think I'll pop out this week, actually last time it happened in one day. If I lay down flat on my back you can most definitely see my baby bump. The baby is kicking all the time now. Kyle got to feel the baby move this week, which is my favorite part of being pregnant. It's still just as fun as the first time around. In a week and half and we get to find out what we're having. Crazy!

I need to write some things down about Michael before they slip from my mind.
  • He loves to bow his head and fold his arms for prayers and randomly comes up to me throughout the day and does it. Melts my heart every time. It's amazing to me what babies pick up on from observing (even when they are constantly on the go).
  • He is OBSESSED with phones, and he picks up everything and anything and puts it to his ear and says, "hi."
  • He loves to throw everything, and the kid has always had a strong arm. He throws, pans, glass pitchers, balls, clothes, shoes, his food, drink...you name it, he'll throw it. Drives me nuts.
  • Still takes two naps a day and sleeps 13 hours at night. Bless his little heart.
  • Has all the sudden decided he doesn't want to talk anymore. He used to say all sorts of words, but now has decided he's above speaking.
  • If a door isn't shut all the way (I make sure to keep them shut), he's pushing it open, and creating a disaster wherever he goes.
  • Still can't keep out of the kitchen cupboards (we can't baby proof ours because we're renting)
  • He is constantly climbing on top of the couch, coffee table and table if the chairs aren't pushed in. He crashes all the time, but pops right back up.
  • Still puts things in his mouth....I thought this stage would have ended long ago.

I left my camera at my aunt's house last week, so I don't have any photos to post.

7 comments:

::lindsay said...

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't found anything job-wise yet. I'm sure you will soon.

I can't believe you aren't showing yet. Crazy! I show immediately so at the ultrasound the tech is always like, "Oh, maybe it's twins!"

It sounds like Michael's a cute little guy. Glad you are all better!

Heather said...

Honestly, you look amazing... I wouldn't ever know you were pregnant.

Good luck with the job search. It's easy to find a job but a huge pain to find the "right" job.

AOlson said...

I really hope you guys can find something here!! I don't want you guys to leave us.

Michael is such a cutie!!

Ben and Alissa said...

I'm excited to find out what you're having, you'll have to let us know right away!

I love the list of things about Michael, it's so fun to know what he's up to!

Good luck in the continuing job search, I hope something comes along soon.

tharker said...

I was just thinking today at the end of YW how lucky you are that you can still wear all of your cute clothes! You look fabulous! I'm like Lindsay, I find out I'm pregnant, and I start showing like a week later. It's awesome!

Michael is pure entertainment! He is such a fun little guy!!

Kelli said...

Hi, my name is Kelli and I'm a friend of Kyle's from way back in the day, he gave me your blog address on facebook, and I check in occasionally. About the Job thing...My husband works for the university of Phoenix, the pay is good, the benefits are great, and they are hireing all the time. If you are intersted in getting more info. just leave a comment on my blog. I wish you guys the best!

The Mama said...

I am sorry to hear that you guys are still looking for work. I will keep my eyes and ears open and you will be in my prayers.