Monday, January 12, 2009

Monkey Boy

No, I was not trying to see how many comments I could get on my last post before I did another post, but thanks for all the congratulations. I'm excited for numero 2, but honestly lately I'm wondering how in the world I'm going to do it! I had my 16 week checkup this morning, and everything is going great. Nothing makes this momma happier then hearing the babe's heartbeat beating inside of me. (I think I'm having a girl because I feel completely different, but who knows.)
These pictures have nothing to do with this post, but thought I'd put them on here. These were taken during Christmas in Vancouver.
We are thick into the job search. Right now Tri-Cities has nothing to offer, unless you're a nurse, or a farm laborer. Other cities, aren't really much better, but we're pretty much applying anywhere right now. Neither of us want to move, but it's not looking good. Patience, patience, patience. Did you know that 2008 was the worst year for layoffs since 1945, and it's already predicted that 2009 will blow that number out of the water? Get ready folks, it could be a bumpy ride for many of us.
I came down with the flu on Sunday night, which has turned into a cold. I have been sick so much this winter, and I'm sick of it. I slept 3 hours last night. Miserable. Michael has been sick with a cold for 2.5 weeks now, but hopefully it's on its way out. It doesn't slow him down. He has learned how to climb on top of things, and his reach is getting much better (worse for me). I turned my back while doing dishes last night, and in the meantime he grabbed my favorite Crate & Barrel glass pitcher, and threw it across the kitchen. It shattered everywhere; I'm so sad. He throws everything like it's a ball.





**I've since moved this sofa back table to a different spot and put back all the decor I had on it before Michael threw it all off.

5 comments:

Ben and Alissa said...

I love all the pictures you posted. I've been reading your blog for a little while and the pictures of your family are always so good!!

Congratulations on 16 weeks! I bet if you have a little girl she'll be gorgeous!

Sheryl said...

I'm a tad bit nervous for 2009. I've already notice there is way less traffic these days. And that's NOT normal for the metro dc area. Oh boy.

I'm so excited you're having a baby. I hope Kyle finds a job.

N M said...

What a great family photo!

Hope all is going well with the puku, girls are hard work, trust me, haha!

tharker said...

I'm sorry about your pitcher! (but it looks like you might have a different kind of pitcher on your hands ;)

I can't believe you're 16 weeks already, you look amazing! I'm glad all is going well with the baby growing game. Will you find out what you're having?

I too hope Kyle is able to find a job that is perfect for your family very soon.

Alysia & Bryce said...

How did you get our family Christmas pictures? I emailed Doug but I haven't seen them.