This came in the mail today for Kyle, from our niece Ariana. So sweet.

Here's the latest on Michael at 16 months:
He still sleeps 13 hours at night, and takes two good naps during the day. I keep wondering how long this will last for, and hope until I have this next baby! He loves to go outside, and today I told him we were going to go outside and I put his shoes on him. I got distracted with something, and the next thing I know, he comes out from my bedroom holding my tennis shoes (they matched), and he put them by my feet and was trying to get me to put them on.
We had the missionaries over for dinner last night, and Michael went up to one of the Elders and was pulling on his shirt, and kind of fussing. The Elder couldn't figure out what he wanted, but I soon realized he wanted to see his belly. I told him, he's trying to find your belly. So the Elder pulled up his sweater, revealing his white shirt and tie, and Michael starts laughing and says, "baby, baby, baby." Hilarious. Then a little while later he goes over to the other Elder and puckers up his lips and goes "mmmmmm." The Elder asked me what he wanted and I said, he wants a smooch on the lips. He told him he better just kiss the back of his hand.
We were doing our taxes on Tuesday night and a Hispanic couple came into the building. They didn't speak any English (they were using a translator). We were across the room, and letting Michael roam around. As soon as they came in and sat down, Michael was trying to get the guy to pick him up and play with him. The kid, has no reservations about strangers.
We took him to a lame park this week near our house, and he LOVED it. He cried the entire way home because he didn't want to leave. It's all about the fun with this guy.
For FHE a few weeks ago, I pointed to a picture of Christ on our wall, and said Michael, there's Jesus. So now, whenever I say, where's Jesus he points to the picture.
If I have a headband on, he will rip it off my head and put it on his head. It's quite annoying.
We have to get him out of bed at night (hope that he stays asleep) and clip his fingernails. Kyle uses a headlamp to do it. It's hilarious. Also if we want to cuddle with him, we have to get him out of bed. Reminds me of the book, "I'll Love You Forever." One of my favorites. 
I'm dreading trying to keep Michael still for two hours straight on Sunday during Stake Conference. I think he'd be a lot happier if I locked him in the nursery room. Ha!
8 comments:
Michael is one of the most un-shy kids I've ever met! I think it's so adorable, but I can also see how it could be a little worrisome ;)
I love the card your niece made for Kyle. What a sweet girl!
It would be nice if there were speakers in the nursery room, then Michael could play and you could still listen to Stake Conference ;)
If you went to the park over by our house, you're right. It is lame...but somehow kids still love it...I don't get it.
What a cute kid! That is great that he is sleeping so much for you - you will need your rest for the new little one.
Oh, and I totally knew your husband's name was Kyle - I'm not sure why I had Bryce on there (random that's his brother's name too, though) - sorry!
Gotta love that Michael!! So adorable and full of spunk!!
I love that book too, I grew up reading it to my little brothers and sisters.
Yah, Stake Conference is going to be interesting for a lot of us! We could take turns for 30 minutes in the nursery and leave our kids there the whole time?? Is that spiritual neglegence?
Wasn't there a Stake Conference that there was a separate Primary meeting? I'm think there was in Pasco stake. Maybe in 1995 or something? I didn't get to go. I know that. I had the pleasure of sitting through the meeting without being able to see anything.
Michael is getting SO tall. We haven't seen you for a while. I didn't even think it was him until I read underneath. Really, he seems so big.
Kids are so different. Marcus loves to cuddle and has always let me clip his nails. I can't believe you can do it while he's sleeping. We once pulled out Kennon's tooth with pliars while she slept.
It's cool that I haven't really seen Micheal since he was about 8 months old but feel like I know him with all your great journaling. He is so cute!
Sounds like Michael is keeping you busy! He sounds like the cutest little boy! I hope his sleep and naps continue for you, how nice! I'm just crossing my fingers that Katie's great sleep habits will continue for a long time too.
He is so darling, Chels! I wish we were closer so I could enjoy that fun personality. I miss seeing you guys!
Post a Comment