Can't sleep. It's 4:30 am. Too much on my mind. Bags are packed, house is cleaned (well at least it was), carpets are cleaned, baby stuff is out of storage, and my body feels ready to get this baby outta here! Yet, I'm still scared, still nervous because I hate the unexpected. I'm still two weeks away, so who knows. It makes me sad to think of not having Michael one on one anymore, but I know it will be a good change, and we'll love having a new homie to kick it with. I feel like I've forgotten how to nurse, which freaks me out. I'm going to pull out the book (and the boppy!) that Azucar gave me before I had Michael and get to reading. At my doctor's appointment yesterday he told me he thinks this baby could come today (no, I'm not being enduced), and he's even on call. We shall see.
This week I found out that Michael is STILL allergic to dairy. So annoying. A couple of days after he was tested I fed him some cheese and cereal with a little milk and noticed that he was getting a bad rash wherever the food touched his skin. Lovely. Just when I thought we were in the clear. I called the allergist to get an explanation and to figure out why they sent me away after three days of testing and said he's good to go, only to find out he's still allergic. They acted "surprised" but said it does happen that the tests are a false positive and said we should take him off for another 6 months. Annoying. At least we know if he does have dairy, he won't go into shock or throw up. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do as far as his diet.
Tomorrow Michael turns 20 months! Holy smokes, babies grow up way too fast. Michael is on a word explosion. He's starting to repeat most words that we tell him. Of course his number one signature phrase is, "get the ball." ALL DAY LONG, he throws. Not just balls, but his glasses, food, toys, books. You name it, he's throwing it. We really should start warning the people we sit behind in church because he has been known to hit people in the head 6 rows up. The kid can throw like you've never seen. We had a friend watch him on Saturday, and her husband used to play college ball and is helping coach the high school team this year. He kept telling us that Michael has more natural talent then any kid he's ever seen. He said he wants to invest in Michael because he's bound to go places. Really though, he can throw a spiral and has perfect form.
This week I found out that Michael is STILL allergic to dairy. So annoying. A couple of days after he was tested I fed him some cheese and cereal with a little milk and noticed that he was getting a bad rash wherever the food touched his skin. Lovely. Just when I thought we were in the clear. I called the allergist to get an explanation and to figure out why they sent me away after three days of testing and said he's good to go, only to find out he's still allergic. They acted "surprised" but said it does happen that the tests are a false positive and said we should take him off for another 6 months. Annoying. At least we know if he does have dairy, he won't go into shock or throw up. I still haven't decided what I'm going to do as far as his diet.
Tomorrow Michael turns 20 months! Holy smokes, babies grow up way too fast. Michael is on a word explosion. He's starting to repeat most words that we tell him. Of course his number one signature phrase is, "get the ball." ALL DAY LONG, he throws. Not just balls, but his glasses, food, toys, books. You name it, he's throwing it. We really should start warning the people we sit behind in church because he has been known to hit people in the head 6 rows up. The kid can throw like you've never seen. We had a friend watch him on Saturday, and her husband used to play college ball and is helping coach the high school team this year. He kept telling us that Michael has more natural talent then any kid he's ever seen. He said he wants to invest in Michael because he's bound to go places. Really though, he can throw a spiral and has perfect form.
6 comments:
You definitely have a lot on your mind! Good luck if the baby comes today (or any day soon)! It will all come back to you :)
I'm so hoping that things get going today! How great would it be to have your baby today when your doctor is on call, and (most importantly) before your mom goes to camp next week!
I've witnessed Michael's arm. He is amazing!!!
you're gonna be the BEST mom of 2!
you're gonna be the BEST mom of 2!
I can't believe after the tests that he is still allergic! I had such hope!
My hardest transition was from one kid to two. It was impossible for my mind to wrap around how I could possibly love and care for 2 kids, how I could split my time to give them the love and attention they deserve. But as soon as she was born, it was completely natural. And it will be for you too.
And I know the feeling of thinking you've forgotten how to nurse. I feel that way every time I have a new baby, but it always comes back just fine.
Good luck in the baseball career Michael!
allergy test are hard because you can get false negatives and false positives all the time. you basically just have to watch for reactions. max's only reaction to dairy is a rash, and only in the liquid form. when he was able to talk better (in the 2's), he started to tell me it burned his mouth also. now he doesn't really get reactions but his behavior is out of control if he eats something he's allergic to. my ped. told me the average age to grow out of a dairy allergy is around 5. hopefully it will be sooner for you.
p.s. although Ian isn't allergic to dairy it makes his eczema way worse so we don't give it to him
Post a Comment