Friday, June 12, 2009

Ooops!

Six staples and a nicked artery later......

Why do I have the feeling this won't be our last trip to the ER. Kyle was home with Michael and I was out with my mom running errands at Costco when I got a call from Kyle saying he was taking Michael to the ER because he split his head open. While Kyle and I were on the phone a few minutes earlier, Michael went into the office and got on our swivel chair and fell and hit the back of his head on a sharp corner of the desk. By the time Kyle got him in the car he was done crying, and didn't cry again until the nurses started cleaning him up. When I walked into the room where Michael was, he had his back turned towards me, and all I could see what his head plastered in blood. Although it looked better when they cleaned it up, I still didn't like seeing his head split open.

To top it all off, when the nurses were numbing his head with a solution, some of the solution splattered into another nurses eye. Since it had hit Michael's gash first, they had to do an HIV test on Michael and draw a TON of blood. I think he cried harder for that then when he got stapled. I was annoyed because they acted like they just needed a trace, and they ended up drawing enough to fill a huge syringe. I'll post pictures later of what his head looked like when I saw him for the first time. They are on Kyle's phone.

13 comments:

NaDell said...

Oh, poor baby. Does he have to go back and get the staples out too? I hope they don't irritate his skin. My c-section ones did, so I requested no staples the last one, just super glue stuff and it was way better!
WOW! I hope he feels better soon!

Tim & Haley said...

wow, you guys just can't catch a break can ya.. If you need anything let me know..

Ben and Alissa said...

Michael is going to grow up and be one tough kid!

Monica said...

Wow, that is so sad!! I am so sorry to hear this!! I hope you get a little break from all this excitement!! You all are in my thoughts and prayers!

Kate said...

oh my goodness!! I agree with Alissa, he is going to be one tough cookie, huh?!
I hope he feels better and that it doesn't bother him too bad!

**also, thanks agian for the ball,lol**

nicole said...

oh my! that poor kid, and poor you! hope everything is ok now. let me know if you need ANY thing!!

Amy said...

Poor baby! What a tough day! Oh, it is so hard to see your child in an emergency room!

Carina said...

CHELSEA.

I don't know how you do it.

tharker said...

Wrap that kid in bubble wrap for the next.....16-18 years....that oughta keep you out of the ER ;)

Shellie said...

Poor Michael! Poor parents! You have had a crazy couple of months.

Lea Tame said...

Oh no! Poor Michael! I hope he's feeling better and you're hanging in there too for your last little bit before #2!

Jessica said...

Oh my little man. What a brave boy. I would be freaking out. It makes me so sad to see that picture. Nothing is worse than having your baby hurt.

AmbertheGreat said...

that is so sad, I hope he is feeling better now and that you are able to relax a little before this baby comes