He finally did it. Michael finally said his name!!!!!!! Michael can say any word, sentence, or phrase, and is quite the advanced talker if I do say so myself. However, one word that he has NEVER said is his name. It is a game to him. If you ask him to say his name, he just laughs hysterically. We have tried bribing, tricking, and everything under the sun. We've offered him his favorite treats, but he won't give in. Our favorite game is to play the "copying game," where we have him copy every word we say, which he will do, until we throw in Michael and he stops, and just starts laughing. Lately he won't even repeat someone's name if it's remotely close, such as Mike and Marcus.
Tonight I was telling him a story about his friend Beckham. I said, "Beckham has a best friend named Michael," and just then he responded by saying "Michael!" He must have liked the way it felt to finally say his name because I couldn't get him to quit saying it. He probably said it 50 times and thought he was so funny. Hilarious (or maybe it's just funny to those of us who have been trying for a year to get him to say it).
This picture goes great with the post, doesn't it?
****Post Edit: My mom told her brother that she would give him 1,000 dollars if he could get Michael to say his name, so he started bribing him with chocolate, gum, money (all of Michael's favorite things....yes he's still allergic to chocolate), and he still couldn't get him to say it! Michael really wanted the treats anyways.
9 comments:
His great Uncle Ben missed out on his $1K.
So cute! That's so funny he wouldn't say his name. Katie has been saying her name for a while "Kay-dee", and just lately when I ask her who Katie is she says "ME!" and points to herself.
She has 3 things she can't say though. She won't say Santa, she just says "ho ho ho". She won't say I love you, she just kinda hums the three separate sounds with the intonation of how we say I love you, think of the NBC notes how they used to sing NBC on the commercials, but not quite that slow. And she can't say bunny, she always, always says "bop bop" since a bunny "hop hops". She sleeps with a bunny and has had it since before she could say anything so that's one of the first things she could say and just hasn't changed it over to the real word yet. We even call it her "bop bop".
I LOVE that picture of Michael. He is sooooo cute and funny!
Way to go Michael!
p.s. i don't mind you laughing. b/c it's funny! i mean seriously chels...can't a girl catch a break? i love that you pictured us searching for the movie. hahaha! too funny.
What a funny little guy!
Yay! Way to go, Michael! Too cute. I finally got around to reading your cute blog and it made me so happy. Your boys are darling and so are you - I hope your wrists are healing up and everything is going well. Love you!
Hilarious! That boy is so dang cute!
Love that picture! (and I too hate pea gravel!)
Yea!! thats great!
Post a Comment