Shhh, don't tell Kyle, but my very talented oldest sister Natasha, created me an awesome header for my blog for my birthday, and it is my favorite present. By the way, Kyle did a great job of getting me just what I wanted (exercise clothes, tennis shoes, triathlon watch, Schwann's ice cream). I LOVE what she made for me, and she came up with everything all on her own. Thanks Tash for making it for me, it's just what I needed and wanted for this family blog of mine! I know it took a lot of time to get it just how she wanted.
A little bit of background for those of you who are wondering why the name of our blog is Big Chief Little Chief (by the way, Natasha also gave me the idea for my blog name). Kyle is the chief (his grandfather and dad have both passed away) of his Maori tribe in New Zealand called Ngāti Porou and because he is the oldest son, of the oldest son (lineage). Michael by birthright will also be the chief (when Kyle kicks the can). However, that being said, we don't live in New Zealand so Kyle's great uncle is the acting chief. Both Kyle and Michael have the middle name Porourangi. Try teaching that name to your child. You'll notice the New Zealand Fern Leaf on Kyle's shirt. Awesome!
14 comments:
um that is a pretty awesome family story. I might want to start calling him Chief!!! Do you get the royal treatment when you go to visit? If so, I think you need to book a vacation! Does his tribe know who he is? That is seriously cool, I am intrigued!
Tiffany, sometimes he tries to use his Chief status to get the royal treatment at home if that counts, haha. I've never been, but we need to go soon!!!
Looks like I need to make it wider still.
what a nice sister! everyone needs to know someone with computer skills.
I love it! The story and the header. I also feel like maybe I should start calling Kyle Chief... ha ha.
Heather, it's already gone to his head, that wouldn't help :) ha
Good job Natasha! It's cute, and I am so glad you explained the blog title.
Oh, and happy belated birthday!
It's very cute! I love that you have cute curly hair in it too.
We just played a game last night called Maori! How coincidental is that?!
What's funny is that a few months ago, I was wondering out loud to Spencer what your blog title meant, and he totally knew ;)
The header is adorable! Great job Natasha!
can Natasha do that for me? I'd pay her, of course. cause she's not my sister, though i'm starting to wish she was ;)
I always wondered what your title name meant...I thought it was cute pet names you and Kyle called eachother! My boss...the Richland Fire Chief is from New Zealand. Very big into the Maori people, you should bring them to the fire station to meet him!
Caroline, I emailed you her info and pricing.
Nicole, I will definitely do that!!! I'll tell Kyle :)
Good job on the header. It's awesome.
Post a Comment