Friday, April 2, 2010

Update

So I emailed my blog post to the 4 Presidents at Kadlec.  I didn't hear back from anyone, so I decided to call the President of the Kadlec Clinic to see if he received it, which he didn't for some reason, but someone who did, told him about it.  He was very, very nice to me and he told me that he would be "ticked off" if he got a letter like that.  He completely understood why I would feel the way I do.  He is going to get to the bottom of it, and get back to me Monday morning.  He said today was the first he'd heard of the incident, and now he was going to be handling it himself. He wanted to know what I wanted out of all of this.  I told him that I'm not trying to get anyone fired, I'm not trying to ruin someone's career, but I do think policy should be changed, I do think that she should have called me to ask for them back, I do think she should have apologized to me, and I do think that the letter should never have been sent.  Also, the person who sent the letter, should be held accountable.  I think that if someone is going to be denied medical coverage that it should have to go through a system, not happen the same day the incident took place with no phone call.  I really have loved the care that we've received there, and want that to continue! (as far as using the hospital, etc)       

My sister went to the nurse practitioner today because that is the only person she could get into.  Her daughter had a bad ear infection and they needed some medicine.  Anyhow, she brought up the letter to her, and said she was my sister.  The Nurse Practitioner (I won't mention any names) told her that when she left the room that the blocks were on the ground.  Maybe they were, maybe I grabbed them because she gave them to him and I didn't think twice about it.  The point is, I would have brought them back THAT day if I had received a phone call.  Trust me, I have enough toys to not want two stupid little blocks that don't belong to any set.  Regardless, today she was telling my sister that the blocks were on the ground.  Meaning she took notice, didn't pick them up as she left, and assumes I stole them and that is why she wanted us to be dropped from the clinic.  Nice.  It makes me think she was baiting me.  Also, she told my sister that I need to call her so we can sort it out.  I am not about to call her, she can call me and I'd gladly talk about the incident.  When they give my kids stickers, do they expect me to give them back at the end of the visit?        

Anyhow, the reason for this post is to let you know that I do think Kadlec is going to handle this correctly, but I just had to talk to the correct people.  Heck, maybe I'll start having some of the upper management following my blog now.  Maybe they'll want to check out my makeover blog.  hahah

7 comments:

::lindsay said...

Just read about the whole craziness! Wow! I can't even believe how ridiculous the whole situation is. Good for you to stand up the Kadlec and talk to the right people. I'm glad it's going to get resolved.

MegZ said...

Hi - I was only made aware of your blog yesterday because a friend showed me the post with the letter in it...I was enraged! For you and anyone else who would receive a letter like this. I am a Kadlec employee and have been told in trainings as well as performed my job such that the Kadlec culture isn't "supposed" to support that kind of behavior. It’s not what we’re about (I hoped). I was so fired up about it, I decided that when I took the letter to the right people, (which I was going to do on Monday) if the executive staff stood behind the letter that I would not be willing to work there anymore. I can't believe that this was allowed, but I really love being a Kadlec employee, so I'm very happy that the CEO has taken your concern into his own hands and is doing something about it. Please keep us updated!!

Heather said...

Totally crazy!

This is worse than the time I had to fight my insurance co to pay for my epidural. {they denied my claim because they said the anesthesiologist wasn't a PPO -
don't get me started}.

I was victorious after at least 20 calls, 4 letters and a couple of disputes...

Stick it to the man, Chels!

Shellie said...

Glad to hear something is happening. Let us know what you hear.

tharker said...

I'm so glad that you were able to talk to someone, and that this will be resolved.

Brittany said...

Obviously the Nurse Practitioner and the Clinic Manager have no sense of sensible business practices -- your future visits would more than cover the $.02 those blocks cost them. Ridiculous!

Andre said...

I think it's crazy she got all hyped up over a couple of blocks. If you tried to walk out with the computer, that's something to make a big deal of. Not little blocks. Crazy!