Been up since 3:50, decided at 4:30 I'd had enough, and knew there was no way I was going back to bed, so I got up and decided to do some laundry and cleaning. My nesting instinct kicked into overdrive the past week or so. The not-so-great thing about measuring full term for the last 6 weeks is that I have to get up at least 2 times to go to the bathroom every night and I cannot find a comfortable sleep position once I do go back to bed, and then all I can think about is everything I could be doing. I'm sorry to all you women out there who have had multiples, I'm sure you're thinking I have nothing to complain about...and you're right. But still! Being this big, for this long, has gotten really old. At least I'm not on bed rest, and at least my baby is healthy. I have an ultra-sound in a few hours, followed by yet another NST (I'm so sick of those things), and then a doctor's appointment. My goal date for baby is October 24th. After Michael and Kyle's birthdays, my doctor is on call and still a week early. Plus then I'd have time to get everything crossed off my list, which pretty much changes by the minute.
This week for preschool I taught (now I don't have to teach until after the new year, which now seems so far away), and we also went on a field trip to the pumpkin patch at the Country Mercantile. We were able to take siblings with us, so I took Preston, which I'm not sure was such a good idea to do without backup. He loved it, but I spent the entire time running after him because he ran the opposite direction of our group. He was in heaven being with the older kids in wide open spaces. He's such a stinker! Speaking of Preston he is doing so much better every day with his speech. We could not be more happy. Kyle says he knew all along that everything would work out, but I definitely had my worries. It is fun to hear him express himself and ask specifically for something. Makes life a little easier with his temper tantrums and opinions. I'm sure most people wouldn't be able to understand him, but can! We need to have his tongue checked again to see if it needs clipped a little more, which if it does, should help. Preston is getting so tall, and he is definitely taller then most kids his age. He is quickly catching up to Michael.
Note to self: DON'T take pictures sitting down. Oh boy.
Look at all those bums...this wasn't even half the group of kids. What you can't see is that they are way up high on a big hay bale tower. We love the Country Mercantile, plus they only charged us $3 per kid as part of a school rate, and the adults didn't have to pay anything. We had a tour guide who took us around to the different activities and the price included their pumpkin and cookies and punch.
6 comments:
you're belly is cute! were your ears burning yesterday? I was talking about you - I went to get my hair done, was referred to a girl my friend knows...and she ended up being your bro in law, Brian's, sister, Ashley! crazy, small world! Hang in there these last couple of weeks!
oh chelsea, I SO Feel your pain! I remember sitting on the couch with the bathroom just a few feet away, and i'd debate how long I could hold it since i didn't want to get up to go! I was measuring over 52 weeks by the end of my pregnancy. It was incredible. Your body can do incredible things! Oh, and I HATED getting NSTs too. I was suppose to go once a week towards the end, but after two weeks, I stopped going because I couldn't take it anymore!
Relax! You don't look THAT big in the pictures. You look super cute--as usual!
Bre, that is crazy!!!!!
chels, adorable pictures! your little boys are so cute! and you still manage to look fantastic, like always! hope you get everything done these next few weeks!
i think that's a great picture of you, chels. you look darling. i am really excited to hear all about this new little boy once he has arrived! good luck w/ the final weeks/days!
Post a Comment