I've been reading through old blog entries from when Michael was a baby to compare his symptoms to Brooks, and I realized that I'm so grateful that I have kept a record of our family life on the blog, but then I also realized, I've been pretty bad at it lately. So here's to keeping up the blog!
A couple of weeks ago I took a FAST, last minute trip to Utah to visit my little brother Andrew. It was just me and Brooks', and it was the first time I've ever done anything like that. It was a lot of fun, but I wish I would have been able to be there for a little longer. I flew in on standby Friday evening and left early Sunday morning to drive home. All the flights were booked and I had to get home.
I made sure to hit up my favorite restaurants, but I could have spent an entire month eating at all the good places to eat. We went to Tucannos (gift card baby), Kneaders for unlimited french toast, and then Cafe Rio. I tried to not eat too much dairy/soy, but it was impossible. Brooks suffered the consequences, but it was the last time I'll eat that stuff for a long time.
Friday we went to a volleyball game, Saturday we went to a basketball game (Jimmer's birthday and he was there), I got my hair cut at Shep's Studio, and we also went to Cougarettes in concert. I really love Provo, BYU, and Utah in general. I miss that place!
Funny story. I went to my brother's apartment to meet his roommates and hang out for a little bit. He has a great group of roommates. I was tempted to go with them to their dance parties, but I decided that they probably did not want me there. haha. So I was commenting on how the couches haven't changed in 25 years...literally, and how all boys' apartments smell the same way. They all smell as if they've got a dirty George Foreman. Sure enough his roommate starts laughing and says that he never cleans his George Foreman, and he just keeps using it over and over again. I taught him how to clean it. DISGUSTING, but funny!
3 comments:
I LOVE cougarettes in concert. and I love Mattie Bergeson!!!
Hmmm--all that good food gives the rest of us more of a chance in the biggest loser competition (except I'm going to Utah this weekend...)
Wow, that is a great picture of me...not. hahah
Post a Comment