Monday, April 16, 2012

Another Allergy Update and Easter Pictures

I feel like my life revolves around cleaning up messes from my two older boys and figuring out Brooks' allergies, which also involves cleaning up lots of messy clothes from spitting up and diarrhea.  Brooks' seems to be regressing.  He's not gaining weight, he's still gassy, and still has bad diapers. I'm on a very strict diet, and have only "messed up" a couple of times with jelly beans on Easter and some jam that I didn't realize had corn syrup.  Well the last few days he seems to have been getting worse and worse and I'm not sure what to attribute it to. Tonight though I had some friends over and made some Mexican rice and used white rice.  I also had Rice Chex cereal with rice milk earlier today.  For lunch the last few days I've also been feeding him some organic rice cereal.  Tonight while our friends were still here, I nursed Brooks and he was spitting up so much and was fussy.  Literally he spit up until I put him to bed.  He was also arching his back, and seemed uncomfortable.  My friend was telling me she has a friend who is allergic to rice.  That's the only thing that I can think of eating that he could still be reacting to.  So far since I've been on my crazy strict diet, I haven't had one symptom free day for him.  Yes things have gotten better, but still there are problems that keep popping up.

For the past few months since we've been eating healthier, I've only had white rice a couple of times, and one of those times was tonight.  So that, in addition to all of the other rice products that I had in my system today, I' thinking that's got to be it.  Who knows though.  

Did I mention he just finished his antibiotic for a double ear infection, and I'm pretty sure he still has the infections?  Poor baby.
I started making the boys their Easter bow ties at 12:30 am on Easter.  It was a crazy day for us, and pretty much everything that could go wrong, went wrong.  However, I had in my head that I was going to make my boys Easter ties, and so I did.  I know, they look extremely amateur, but if you knew all the circumstances behind making these ties, you'd understand. I was using a sewing machine from the 1960's that I'd never used on my own before, I've never attempted my own sewing project, I had NO fabric, so I had to use some thick linen scrap fabric that I cut from some IKEA curtains, and Kyle was getting our truck towed to our house at 1 am after breaking down....I could go on!  Long story short, I finished the ties at 2 am.  I showed up for church and there were half a dozen boys in our ward with really cute homemade bow ties on so I was a little humbled :).  Good thing my boys didn't realize that theirs weren't quite up to par.  By the time church was over they had tugged on those ties so much that they looked a little rough.When we took these picture the boys were done with sitting still, they wanted to eat lunch and their Easter candy, and Brooks' was so hungry.  Note to self: NEVER take pictures after church.  I took a million pictures and these were definitely the best of the bunch! Oh boys!

1 comment:

NaDell said...

I think their ties are fantastic! You are one amazing lady, Chelsea!
I hope you are able to eat something good for you and Brooks soon. I'm sure that's so hard.