Last night and this morning, I decided to test wheat back in to Brooks' diet by eating some noodles. I wasn't positive he was allergic to wheat, but had eliminated it a month and half ago because it's a common allergen. Sure enough an hour ago after nursing him, he projectile vomited EVERYWHERE. It was scary how much he was throwing up. By the end he had blood coming out of his nose from throwing up so much. So sad. Good thing I was sitting on my leather couch because we both had to get in the shower. He's happy though, and now I know for sure. Hoping I can fatten him up with some solid food fast. He's getting skinnier and skinnier by the day, and yes if you tell me he's skinny I might just deny it!
I've ordered some Neocate formula to feed him at night to try and fatten him up and help him sleep at night, but that stuff isn't very high in calories because it's so broken down. At least I can have it on hand for when we have a problem like today.
I love THIS article. I feel like I could have written it! Especially the part about the doctors. I took him to a GI specialist at the Richland clinic of Seattle Children's Hospital this week and the doctor made me feel like I was a fool for thinking he could be allergic to anything more than dairy and soy. I was SO mad when I left and ended up in tears. Having a doctor doubt you and make you feel like you don't know what's best for your child is so frustrating. I will not be going back for the return appointment.
I will NOT be testing anything back into his diet from now on. Mother knows best!
6 comments:
bummer! i have learned to censor what I say to doctors because i got tired of them rolling their eyes at me. good luck!
will he have to eat special baby food? or does the regular stuff work? Do you think he is getting skinny because you can hardly eat anything...?
He is beautiful! I'm so sorry you are having such a rough time with the allergies! Sounds so miserable for you both. :(
He's skinny because of his digestional problems. My milk supply is still really good (although I'm sure it's probably not half & half quality!),
I've been catching up on some of your posts.....I swear girl. You're my hero! I have no idea how you do what you do and are still alive.
Well done super mommy!
I agree! You put us other mothers to shame. I am going to stop complaining already. I have it easy. It is very examplorary what you are doing for that sweet guy!
Post a Comment