Friday, February 8, 2008

Jeopardy Teen Tournament-February 11-22

Have you heard of 17 year old Will Casper from Basin City, WA? Will is my cousin, and if you haven't already seen him featured on the front page of the Tri-City Herald, in the Deseret News , or other publications for that matter, then you still have a chance to see him this coming week on Jeopardy for the Teen Tournament. He will first appear on Wednesday the 13th, and if he does well, he will be on the following week for the finals. Will has grown up idolizing Jeopardy, and watching it nightly. I remember on more then one occassion calling the Casper home around 7:30, and being told that they would call back after Jeopardy was over. Will is a smartie pants. He scored a whopping 35 on his ACT...and I used to wonder who actually got that score, well I think he's my second cousin to achieve that. For those of you that don't know, Teen Jeopardy is very competitive, and he was chosen from THOUSANDS of contestants after taking a test, doing an interview, and who knows what else (I think they even had to go down to Cali for tryouts). There were a few minor setbacks such as Alex Trebeck having a heart attack, Will's team making it to the state football tournament, him almost missing the deadline to enter by literally minutes...just to name a few. This really is a dream come true for him and his family, especially his mom!

Will has already been to California for the tapings, but he and his family are keeping their lips zipped as to how he did. Make sure to tune in next week to see if Will takes home the $75,000 prize!!!!! (He already made $5,000 for making it this far) To see Will's video interview, go Here.
Here is a pic of Will shoving Alex T. up a shark in Universal Studios, can you believe they let him do that, no wonder he had a heart attack? Hahah

2 comments:

Blake Hillstead said...

if we had TiVo we would have already set up the recording for this! But, no worries....blake watches it every night so we're sure to catch it. I'm exctied! and i love your blog! ALi

Sheryl said...

Wow so cool! Where is he going to college? A 35?! I can't even imagine.