Aren't these cute? My sister Natasha, who's also pregnant with her FIFTH (holy smokes!), made this invite for Michael's birthday party. Michael LOVES animals and being outside, so we'll head to the Harvest Festival at the Country Mercantile where they have a petting zoo, corn maze, tractor ride, and pumpkin patch. We'll also be celebrating Kyle's birthday because he'll be in North Carolina for training on his 28th birthday. How much does that stink?!
**If anyone has any dairy free cake recipes, please, please, please send them my way. I've never made one before, and I'm a little bit nervous. Actually I don't think Michael will be that picky. I'm making one cake for him, and one for everyone else.**
**If anyone has any dairy free cake recipes, please, please, please send them my way. I've never made one before, and I'm a little bit nervous. Actually I don't think Michael will be that picky. I'm making one cake for him, and one for everyone else.**
8 comments:
I have a FANTASTIC dairy and egg free recipe for chocolate cake!
So it's vegan, but really delicious.
I'll email it to you (secret recipe!)
p.s. you should look into ordering a book called Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. Their recipes are excellent and always dairy free.
There is one cake brand that does not have milk in it. Hmm I know Duncan Hines brownies have no milk so maybe their cake as well. We resort to the good old rice crispies. Oh there is one brand of can frosting as well with not milk. Sorry can't remember my brands. So is he officially allergic?
The color looks off on that. Can't wait for the vegan cake!
When Peter was in training for gsk he was gone during his birthday too. so I do know how you feel with that.
there are lots of cakes that are dairy free...you could just use oil instead of butter or substitute earth balance vegan butter spread. i substitute it for butter all the time and it works wonderfully...
p.s. just be glad you don't have to worry about wheat and eggs...we have rice crispie treat birthdays at our house:)
Those invitations turned out so cute!
Kati Sant (in our ward) has a really good recipe for egg free, dairy free, gluten free chocolate cupcakes with a chocolate ganache. When she offered me one, I really thought it would SICK, but they were actually very delicious!
Good luck!
Thanks for the advice everyone. Yes, I'm very, very lucky that he has the allergies that he does, and not other ones.
I'll let you know how the cake/cupcakes turn out.
Post a Comment