Michael is still throwing up (I just went in to get him from his nap and he was sleeping on the opposite end of the crib from his throw up...gross, gross, gross). I know he doesn't have the flu anymore, rather his poor little body is just unable to keep food down as a result of having the stomach flu. I have him on some probiotic stuff, but it's obviously not working. In addition to the throwing up, he also has a bad case of diarrhea, so between those two symptoms he's struggling to keep any food down. Problem is, he's feeling better now, so he wants to eat. I took him to the doctor last week and he's not dehydrated, and he is definitely doing better then he was last week, but still!!! Poor guy hasn't left the house in a week......I think we're all ready to get out, but we don't dare. Once again, thank goodness for my large capacity washer, and the wet/dry vac, which I've definitely been using too much of this week. Does anyone know of any medicine I could give him? My doctor and the pharmacist said there's nothing I can give them at this age that would help.
Preston has yet another cold. Did I mention, I hate this time of year?????
Preston has yet another cold. Did I mention, I hate this time of year?????
8 comments:
Chelse, I am so sorry. That sounds horrible. I wished I lived closer. I would come visit you and be on throw up clean-up duty for a few hours so you could get a break and leave the house. Good luck. Wish there was something I could do to help!
I feel your pain. I have had at least one sick child since november. And J-P has been out of town basically the whole month. The stomach flu this year (maybe swine flu?) is awful. Ian had 3 throw-up/diarrhea sessions, each 5 to 7 days apart. Each time I thought he was better, and then it came back. It's true, there is nothing you can do. Just push easy to digest foods (white rice, applesauce, bananas--you know the drill) until it has been a good solid week. I did probiotics too, just make sure they are dairy free or they might be upsetting his tummy.
I'm so sorry Chelsea.
good luck chelse- my heart goes out to you.....we did the brat diet in small amounts and gatoraid...warm "jello water" can sometimes be soothing to picky toddlers...we also did culturelle (sp) which is allergen free...i am not sure of any safe meds for toddlers- pepto is particuallary dangerous becuase it is in the asprin family...it never hurts to call the doc and see what they say and make sure it is not being caused by something else....i have heard that the stomach bug can live in the throw-up and diarea so it is possible to keep getting a "mutated" version of the bug from contaminated surfaces...my mom would dip our toothbrush in boiling water after we brushed post throwing up just to make sure...I wish i had a magic pill to keep these kids well! this has been a brutal flu season across the nation!! hang in there!!
Is when he throws up related to when he fevers? I give my little ones a (tylenol-type) of suppository when they can't keep anything down. It will keep the fever away and they will stop throwing up. It is a great alternative when they throw up their medicine. I'm sorry Chels.. hopefully it will be over soon!
Dude, do I ever feel for you!
Sean's was similar, but it was because of his reflux.
With my older kids when they were babies, there was a suppository that they had when they couldn't keep anything down. Maybe you could ask about that.
How about just a little pepto bismyl or a tiny piece of Immodium? Immodium is basically just clay and slows things down. It's what my gastro Dr. reccommmends. Hope that we all get well soon!!! Kathy
Post a Comment