Thursday, February 18, 2010

Welcome to My World, Winter Addition

Hi, this is me, the mom of the house. The one who never leaves the house, thanks to carpal tunnel surgeries, winter, and having two little boys (okay, I take that back, I leave the house about three times a week. Once for mutual on Wednesday, once for church, and once to go grocery shopping). Please submit me for a makeover on Oprah. I could use a trip to Chicago right about now. There is a reason this picture is in black and white!!!

Thank goodness for friends and cousins. Michael LOVES playing with Beckham. They are good for each other. They are both rough and tough. Beckham doesn't let Michael pull any punches without throwing some back. The boys played outside for hours yesterday and since they were so dirty I decided to give them their tacos outside. They thought it would be more fun to throw the food on the table.
These two got so dirty from playing outside (I hate pea gravel), that I had to give them a bath.

Preston loves graham crackers. He ate two in one sitting! In this picture he's watching Michael and Beckham fight over their plastic eating utensils.
Dirty bums......I saw this view so many times yesterday from these two boys and every time it cracked me up.
Have I mentioned yet that these two had fun together? Michael was on cloud nine. Whenever someone comes over to play, he's so excited that he can't calm down.
Cousin Baden came to visit for an hour. I'm not sure he appreciated the two 2 year olds messing up his side-walk chalk creations.
Michael insisted on wearing these boots, but they are too big, and kept coming off and he'd get pea gravel stuck inside, so he finally let me put socks and shoes on him.
This is how you know your child goes to the doctor too much. I don't know how he finds this stuff around the house.
I took this thing off yesterday (I had my final surgery last Thursday), and my poor hand/arm is black and blue. Definitely in more pain this time around.
No words to explain how sweet my baby is. He is finally....FINALLY, sleeping through the night after making him cry it out every night for two weeks. Sometimes for 2.5 hours. Hard, but worth it.

7 comments:

Aunt Debbie said...

You are such a good mom, Chelsea. Glad your surgeries are done.

Ali said...

girl , I don't know how you've survived with only the use of one hand at a time! I wish you lived closer then we could at least say we've left the house a few times a week when we've gone to each others' houses. That pic of michael with his "dr tools" is classic and preston is adorable! way to go getting him to sleep through the night. I NEED to get Paige to do that! e-mail me your tips!

Jessica said...

You make me laugh. Just today I was thinking how I need to also be submitted to Oprah for a makeover. It can be rough being a stuck at home mom.

tharker said...

If I looked as good as you do au'naturel, I wouldn't need makeup. You're beautiful!

Love the dirty bums picture! Little boys are so much fun.

Sheryl said...

did you ever know that you're my hero?

Sheryl said...

a keeper? i don't know about that. he's sooo nice though. in my ward. nerdy and smart. hmmm. we'll see.

Shellie said...

I second Tiffani. You are lovely.