Friday, June 25, 2010

The Best Part....

The best part about not nursing anymore, is Preston is STILL asleep and it's 10:25 am.  He did go to bed later the normal, but normally he'd be awake at 6 am no matter what time he went to bed.  Too bad I was up at 5:00 am, otherwise I could have enjoyed the extra snoozing.  

The best part about me jumping in the river at 6:15 am this morning, is that I now know what I'm getting myself into.  This coming week is going to be a mental mind game with this triathlon.  I can't believe I'm doing it.  Was I DYING today during my run through?  Yes. Did I finish without stopping (besides transition breaks)?  Yes.  My ibuprofen just kicked in, so now I'm feeling much better.  I had a bad, bad, bad headache (the kind where you have to lay down or you'll throw up.)  I have been swimming twice a week, practicing my form, my breathing, etc.  That ALL went out the window today as I just tried to survive and finish as fast as I could.  That water was shockingly cold.  Have you ever ran after riding your mountain bike 12 miles?  Not an easy thing to do.

The best part about doing my Make You Over site is that I get to change people's lives for the better and help them see their true beauty.  Have you seen Paul's makeover results yet?  There will be lots of more pictures posted later today, so check back.

4 comments:

JLea said...

I'm so proud of you for doing a triathlon... I did a couple after I had woodrow and it was a great experience... Very tough, but good. Good luck! Jorja

Chelsea said...

Jorja, I'm doing it with your cousin Wendy (well not with her, but we both signed up ). When we ran today she blew me out of the water.

tharker said...

I'm still so very impressed that you are doing this! You're awesome!!!

Reba said...

you're awesome. i meant to ask today how training is going, but I didn't get a chance. I have a shortie wetsuit if you want to borrow it. :)