Wednesday, June 16, 2010

They're So Cute When They're Sleeping. When they're awake though....

This picture was taken when my dad dropped off Michael after taking him to Father's and Sons for the evening.  Michael must have had the time of his life based on his socks, and how soundly he slept when my dad brought him in the house in his car seat.  Kyle was gone for work, so Papa stepped in and gave me the night off.  I need another night off, or maybe I need a week off. 

Michael and I have been fighting lately, and he is most definitely winning.  I'm drained.  He started a couple of weeks ago screaming bloody murder at me.  I don't know what gets into him, but whatever it is, I need it to stop.  I think he still has his ear infection (he had a TERRIBLE one for a month), but we just finished the antibiotics so I'm not sure.  I have an appointment for him at 3 today.  Unfortunately his dad won't be there to hold him down for me.  I want to cry just thinking about it.  

I got the blood tests back that I did for his allergies and he has grown completely out of his soy and dairy allergies.  That is such great news for us.  I never thought that day would come, especially because of how severe he was allergic.  The only thing that came back positive for allergies was cranberries.  We've been stuffing his face with cranberries for a long time now.  Oops.   

5 comments:

tharker said...

Those socks really do say it all! So glad you caught a picture of him all tuckered out.

[M] said...

fyi...dairy is the number one contributor to childhood ear problems. i would definitely not give him any dairy, even if his tests are negative. i'll send you some links:)

Baguleys said...

Oh man Chelsea i feel your pain! Bring him over and the boys can have at each other. Thats great news about his allergies!! What a cute story, they really can be tender under all the terror, thats why i call bex my sweet monster!!

Rhonda said...

Hang in there Chelsea! I remember day after day and week after week feeling the same way about Nate when he was about Michael's age. Boy did those days drain me. I'm not sure what changed but now it's rare for him to get so crazy worked up. Oh, he still knows which buttons to push to get me all riled up, but he's learned some better coping skills. It'll get better in time, just love that little guy with all you've got!

jenniferhoiyin said...

i'm in love with his dirty little socks. and I am so happy to hear his soy and dairy allergies are gone, hurrah! I am looking forward to that day too.

As for the bloody murder, you must have been praying for patience. Thank goodness for helpful people. Hope the appt went well.