Thursday, September 22, 2011

Big Belly

At my 32 week appointment my doctor found out that I had polyhydramnios, which means I have way too much fluid (it often comes later in the pregnancy).  I was measuring 6 weeks ahead, and the baby was measuring 3 weeks ahead (which I don't think is related to the excess fluid, just a big baby).  He told me no more running or exercise, and I followed his instructions.  Well today I had my 34 week appointment and I'm measuring 40 weeks...full term.  He didn't measure the baby today, so not sure where I'm at there.  I could still go full term, or close to it, I just don't want to be measuring 46 weeks by that point!  Since my diagnosis I've had to do numerous non-stress tests, another glucose test, and then a test to see about pre-term labor, all of which have come back normal.  I have to go in weekly now for non-stress tests. The main concern with too much fluid is pre-term labor and also once your water breaks, everything can collapse and come out because of the amount of fluid, and you need to get to the hospital ASAP.

Time to get my rear in gear and get everything ready because as of right now, I've got nothing ready!  I have an ultra-sound in two weeks to measure the baby and my doctor will reassess things from there.  I am so uncomfortable and my stomach is seriously big.  I don't feel like doing anything, which is always a productive way to live life with two young boys.  I'm whiny...partly due to the fact that Kyle has been out of town for work for a few days, and our AC isn't working, so I'm hot!  The good news is, he comes home tomorrow night.

Time to start figuring out what we are going to name this baby!

4 comments:

brentandkashann said...

I have never heard of this condition before. I always feel like my belly is bigger than it should be and am sure that the Dr. is going to tell me that he is measuring really big, but it never is the case, so I can't imagine how big you must feel if it really is bigger than it should be. One month at 40 weeks doesn't sound pleasant. Good luck!

Ali said...

hang in there! as if the end of pregnancy isn't miserable enough, now you get to add that you are big enough to technically be done, hot, and husband-less. thinking of you!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

hang in there girl. If you need someone to take your boys so you can get some things done I am just around the corner. give me a call!

Caroline said...

my sister in law just went through the EXACT same thing. she was really, really uncomfortable and had a lot of swelling. hopefully you don't have that too. she make it until week 38, I think, and had a 10 pounder! i don't know if that makes you feel better or worse. sorry. Anyway, I'll be thinking about you. keep us posted. i'm looking forward to meeting this new little person (via the web, of course:))