Sunday, September 11, 2011

Moses Lake

We went up to Moses Lake a couple of weeks ago to help my Grandparents with fix-it projects around their farm house.  I must say, I was no help because I was corralling children the whole time, and taking pictures. Not much I can do in my current state of being huge.  It was a great day though...minus the high temparatures.  We almost had a major mishap but luckily Michael was being watched out for by a higher power.  There was a heavy shop door that someone had repainted and placed against the shop.  Preston somehow knocked it over and it grazed Michael's head and shoulder and came crashing to the ground and shattered the glass.  He came away with just a little scratch. It scared the daylights out of him though.  It could have been much, much worst.  My grandparents live in a great location, and the famous "Lybbert Pond" is on their property.  I think everyone is Moses Lake has swam in their pond at one time.  Grandma and Grandpa are in their upper 80's and still going strong.  They have a huge garden....I mean huge as in 40 tomato plants and everything else you can imagine.  They still do lots of canning, and my Grandma is a blue ribbon quilter.  I want to be just like them when I'm their age.  No use in slowing down if you still got it!  My Grandma Casper is the same way, she is always developing her talents despite having Parkinson's Disease.

 Preston helped Grandpa clean the beets off from the garden.  Not sure how much help he was!
 Michael got sunscreen in his eye, so this is him trying to wash it out.  The best part about this is Michael is using a ladle my Grandpa made out of a siphon tube for the water bucket.  You can always count on my Grandma having a bucket or pitcher of water with a chunk of ice that she froze.  Nothing beats it!
I went swimming in the pond and jumped off the rope swing, but my sister has those pictures.  They are probably pretty scary anyways!

No comments: